1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. transient

transient Senior member

Back to the topic of getting cheap uniqlo shit even cheaper. When is cyber monday going live? It's past midnight EST now.

2. Donut

Donut Senior member

Just got the 4way Coat. The fit is pretty good although the sleeves are a little long. Took the down layer out and wore my inverallan underneath and it fit in nicely without any tightness, and I also wore a tshirt with the down layer on and it fit really well. Overall for $130, I'm satisfied.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

4. Donut

Donut Senior member

Will post tomorrow.

In return I need pics of the suiting from anyone who ordered it. :D

5. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

cyber monday. can't complain about $1 socks.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I can post one next weekend after my event. I don't wear suits normally, and this time of the year is too dark by the time I get home

What do you want to know about it? A photo of the jacket alone was posted a few pages back. The pants is really dynamic in the sense that the wearer can taper and hem to his liking.

And the color only seems to be available for the navy and dark gray I believe.

To add, the jacket is not slim fit so I went with medium. Otherwise, I wear a small. I am a normal 48 and wear medium in the jacket and size 32 pants. Pants are not slim fit but I do not see a problem with tapering it.

7. Donut

Donut Senior member

@gettoasty Just wanted a few fit pics of the full suit to get an idea of the button stance and fit. I'm between an XS and an S so I think I'll be going with a XS and 29 in the pants.

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

UNIQLOLUV1 gets $5 off $50.

Not sure if it was posted yet.

Not a bad combo with the $50 free shipping deal.

EDIT: LMAO at the cyber monday dealing being $1 socks.

Edit2:
    $15 oxfords and flannels?! HELL YES.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Half price flannels and oxfords? Solid deal.

10. einstine

einstine Senior member

not showing up for me.

11. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Have to go through link from email. God the site is slow right now tho, trying to get $20 worth of socks.

12. einstine

einstine Senior member

13. 13k

13k Senior member

site is crashin hard. people goin ham on socks

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

If you are in need of a suit ASAP, this one is good. Lowered buttoning point compared to last year Tasmanian suit as well as we the +J

IF you can wait it out of course there are other options available.

I was very happy and impressed after trying out my suit at the tailor post alterations. Of course it is not a suit you'll find on the CM forum, but IMO it is a good starting point. The jacket length is also longer than the 100% wool H&M suit I tried on. H&M also has a higher buttoning point if I remember correctly, and fits a bit slimmer overall.

Another option to consider is the 100% wool suit from ZARA (no experience, but the last time I tried on a pair of pants they fit generously)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  15. jet

jet Senior member

shit is so cheap i gotta buy a gang of stuff just to get free shipping :lol:

don't think i need two more flannels though do i? no extra warm in stock to give me an excuse

16. Donut

Donut Senior member

Yeah I don't really wear a suit often enough to justify spending the big bucks yet on a nice one so something like uniqlo will do just fine. Thanks for the info.

Will post pictures of the 4way coat tomorrow and a review of how it holds up in -20 to -30 weather tomorrow. There's supposed to be a heavy snow storm hitting.

17. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

socks appear to be gone? i had a ton of items in my cart and then the site wiped everything. lame.

18. inmamy

inmamy Senior member

Try switching browser maybe? Site kept crashing when I was in Chrome. Switched to firefox and was able to order without a glitch.

19. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Damn I never got the Cyber Monday email. Don't really need more shirts anyway.

20. einstine

einstine Senior member

shit wont even accept my card right now