1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

My flannels are actually a little slimmer than my regular-fit oxfords, FWIW.

1 person likes this.
  2. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Felt accurate but I didn't check. Already packed up for shipping sorry.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Picked up the wool blend suit from tailor just now, it is ace!

Tempted to pick up 1 to 2 more

The jacket is pretty nice fit and styling this year.

4. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

May have to taper my suit pants as it flares out a bit from below the knee.

Suit is nice, though. No 3% elastane like the Tasmanian suits, so you should consider sizing up on the pants.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  5. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Are the wool pants itchy at all?

6. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Well-Known Member

the slim grey tweeds i have are a little itchy. Both my old +j flannels and epaulet tweeds aren't itchy at all to me for reference

7. gettoasty

i am waiting for the tweeds to go on sale lol, the trousers

the pants in terms of being slim fit is fine for me. for CM purposes I would not taper but just get a cuff/hem, and SW&D taper/hem sans cuff. but really style it the way you like..

in terms of waist room and the seat, i went up one size from last year 31 to a 32 tagged size. comfortable and accommodating.

8. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Well-Known Member

If you just want a comfy hoodie to laze around in and don't care how it looks, I guess Uniqlo will do the job (but so will the GAP and H&M and anywhere else.) The hoodie I got from Uniqlo last spring might just be an isolated incident, but it left me with such a bad taste in my mouth. After the first wash it came out of the dryer looking ravaged. I'm not talking about faded and vintage-looking; I'm talking about ready-for-Goodwill kind of degeneration. My friend saw me wearing it and immediately he asked why he had never seen me wear this old hoodie before. It just baffled me beyond understanding. I take good care of my stuff and nothing I own have ever fallen apart like that, not after the first wash. The fit was wonky too. I have a pretty easy physique to fit but the Uniqlo hoodie just looked kinda off on me.

So, I'm not touching any of these unless I see them again in person and they win me back. Also, if you must, I think you'll do better with the zip hoodie than the pullover one. It's one whole chunk too risky.

9. dEX

dEX Well-Known Member

This might sound like a strange request... but here goes.

I'd really like to buy the heattech ankle socks in black, but I really don't want to pay an extra $7 for shipping just for socks and that's literally the only thing I want. So if someone lives near a store and can pick those up for me (or if you are making a big purchase online), I'll pay you the price of the socks + whatever the cheapest method for shipping them is (I don't think it should be more than $2).

If someone doesn't mind doing this for me, I'd appreciate it a lot. Just pm me first and let me know if you're going to do it.

10. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

You're really asking someone to donate the time and effort to ship you a pair of socks so you can save, at best, 5 bucks? That's insane man.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    9 people like this.
  11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

I'm literally laughing at this.

2 people like this.
  12. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

Gave me a laugh too

1 person likes this.
  13. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Crap photo, but here are the wool blend pants (+ lambswool cardigan sized up one)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. gettoasty

15. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

This is even funnier when you look at the sort of things this guy has on his classifieds ($165 jeans, $288 cashmere sweatshirt).

16. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

toasty, they're the second pair you linked to.

17. gettoasty

^cool. thanks for the photo. did you taper them? looks good on you

that is my standard work uniform btw :lol:

18. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Thanks. Nah, they came like that. I did adjust the inseam and add cuffs. They come with a 34" inseam + 4 extra inches for adjustments. The waist has a couple of extra inches of fabric for adjustments too. Impressive for the price.

19. rirawin

rirawin Well-Known Member

I wear the v-neck s/s and l/s under button down shirts, keeps me warm enough in -5 to zero degrees C weather in the UK when bundled with a down jacket. The annoying thing is I tend to build up static while at work due to the synthetic material of the tee and the carpeted floor we have. Therefore, I always get a static shock when touching the metal handles of my desk drawer :censored: yes I know world's smallest violin :violin: I also sometimes wear it as a base layer for running during winter, but most of the time I get too hot and sweaty so it becomes more of an annoyance in the end.

The long johns are great too, I have a pair for lounging around the house and sleeping in, if I go out to take the trash I put on a pair of tracksuit bottoms over them as to not to offend the neighbours...

My only gripe is they don't launder too well and bobble after a dozen or so washes, not really a deal breaker as I wear them primarily as base layers.

1 person likes this.
  20. superego

superego Well-Known Member

waited a few days to see if there was any uniqlo black friday sale...bunch of shit now gone in my size/color

fuuuuuu :fu:

1 person likes this.