The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

sooo.... they make another ny but no la?

2. transient

transient Senior member

Sent them an email with my order, called me to take CC info in the morning, shipped out everything I wanted the day after. So far so good and painless. Would be nice to have on the west coast but oh well.

3. gort

gort Senior member

So if it's so easy to get stuff just by email why do people need proxy in the US? Did we just get lucky with an easy to find item and the staff is usually incompetent or something?

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

no people proxying within US is pointless. proxying is for those who dont have a store int heir county like canada

5. transient

transient Senior member

So if it's so easy to get stuff just by email why do people need proxy in the US? Did we just get lucky with an easy to find item and the staff is usually incompetent or something?

Good question. I don't know how comprehensive their online listing is compared to what they put on store shelves.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

no people proxying within US is pointless. proxying is for those who dont have a store int heir county like canada

i was about to use a proxy. but i can',t, it's the principle. so then decided i'd rather fly to nyc in the morning and pick up some items before flying out west [​IMG]

also they charge so little to ship it out so no problems calling in an order.

7. randomkoreandude

Good question. I don't know how comprehensive their online listing is compared to what they put on store shelves.

yeah thtas true too ... for example, those wool socks by uniqlo are never online. there was a clamor to grab them after someone in WAYWT posted a fit pic of them

you could just ask when you email them but i think they require an item number

8. shaqin93

shaqin93 Active Member

Well maybe their blazers just don't suit my body.

9. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Can anybody provide a link to the grey Uniqlo crewneck sweatshirt that looks like the W+H one? I looked through their website but couldn't find it.

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Whoever said the blazers fit boxy, I'm not real sure what your body type is but that doesn't make sense to me. My work suits are all Uniqlo and +J. They all have a good, slim fit. The difference usually being +J fits 1/2 smaller than tagged.

I'm not even a big lifter but I have normal, non-Japanese shoulders and a drop. Even my size +J needs to a darted like crazy to avoid huge... blousing? at my mid back. The problem is, I have to get +J slim so the arms are adequately slim but those already come with the front darts. Now my work shirts are all going to look like fucking arts 'n crafts projects.

yeah, suiting fits great but shirts are weird [​IMG]

11. MJRRR

MJRRR Member

Lusting after these cargo pants. Is there anybody out there who could hook it up in a size 30 or 31?? (If yes, PM me).

12. m4x

m4x Active Member

13. randomkoreandude

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/067938

Anyone having these shorts? Are they true to size?

theres a size chart on the UK site. click on the size chart link right under the options for s,m,l,xl and compare your pants to those measurements

14. Roger Mellie

Roger Mellie Well-Known Member

Just remember that the Asian Uniqlos are shorter in the sleeves and probably the body as well.

For some reason I have found all Uniqlo t-shirts and Polo shirts to be longer in the body this year in the stores in London. The Polo shirts are a perfect fit in medium and I'm 6ft 5. I also tried on the premium cotton t-shirts (not as long in the body, but just OK) and some other cheaper t-shirts. The short sleeved linen shirts in medium were also long in the body. Uniqlo have got it spot on this year.

15. McCurry

McCurry Senior member

Lusting after these cargo pants. Is there anybody out there who could hook it up in a size 30 or 31?? (If yes, PM me).

these pants are designed for people that has no thighs. I tried on my size 31, and I couldn't even get them pass my waist