1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

The wool blend outerwear is absolute garbage.

I used to work at a BR and most of that stuff is terrible too, but definitely the lesser of the two evils here. Usually Black Friday they'll do some insane shit like 50% off plus you can stack cardmember discounts or something ridiculous, that would probably be your best bet.

2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

^ Anything you would recommend in the $100 - $200 range, aside from used products.

3. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

chetb what happened?

4. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

according to the posted measurements for the flannels I should be able to comfortably wear an XS, which seems suspect to me. I wear a S in the slim Oxfords (5'10", 145), does anyone have experience with both models and can comment on the fit?

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

FWIW I wear the same size in the flannel as the slim oxford. The flannel is a tad bit bigger in the chest and shoulders and bigger in the waist area. I couldn't go any slimmer on the oxfords though and worry about shrinkage from the wash.

6. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

OK thanks for the feedback. I might give the XS a try and return if need be

7. jet

jet Senior member

you'll end up returning

8. godtier

godtier Member

I wear the slim fit oxford in S and its definitely not tight but it fits well everywhere. The XS flannels fit closely but it fits tighter than my oxfords after washing. The sleeves have the most drastic shrinking though. I'd get S if you prefer a looser fit with your flannels. I'm 6'1" 160lb if that helps.

Anyone try the heattech sweaters? I'm curious as to how they perform, seems gimmicky but my heattech shirts are great.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Just decided I want a slightly more relaxed fit for shirts. Regular fit is two inches bigger in the body (one inch across), which isn't too different but sounds more comfortable and hopefully looks a little better.

I've just been buying slim fit everything for a long time on autopilot without thinking about whether it's really the best choice all the time.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Oreo shakes have made the decision for me. :plain:

2 people like this.
  11. MA-1 in black is back in stock in size M right now.

12. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

So my MA-1 and skinny tapered jeans arrived today and I have mixed feelings about them.

The MA-1 fits fine. You should go true to size or size down if you're in between. I bought the dark brown color hoping that it looks more like plum as it does in the picture, but in reality, it looks just like what it's called. A coffee bean dark brown I might say. The fabric is lightweight, water and wind repellent and actually feels quite nice. I just don't like how when you wear it on it's kinda inflated instead of lying flat, as if there's air in the lining. Construction is okay. I feel that this is the jacket that H&M may sell for 30 bucks.

With the jeans I went true to size, and even though the waist is a bit smaller than expected it still fits well thanks to the stretchy material. The problem is that the thigh is really tight (and my thighs are already quite slim) making the jeans feel like leggings (I'm not joking.) It may or may not be your thing. Also, I hasten to add that the jeans do stack, though very slightly, as the material is a stretchy not sturdy kind of denim. I order a pair in this shade of grey but in real life the color is even lighter. In retrospect, I wish that I had gone with the dark grey slim straight instead.

13. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Flannels own, fleece jackets own, heattech fleece mock neck tees own. Colorado comfort steez here I come.

14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

maybe uniqlo is not the cut for you i do believe if the shirt is slim in a way that flatters your body it is good for the right situation. but i also like the middle ground. but i know what you mean.

once you find a shirt that fits not too loose or tight you might understand what i mean.

15. Razele

Razele Senior member

Can anyone help me work out the leg opening on the slim fit straight colour denim? Is it a tapered cut?

16. jet

jet Senior member

click size chart

17. 5354

5354 Senior member

Size chart doesn't have the leg openings, I've been looking for those measurements for a while.

18. superego

superego Senior member

time to get your uld vest on

19. BeeBoying

BeeBoying Active Member

My Heattech stuff has finally arrived in the mail today and I have a couple questions:
    1. What exactly is in the "heattech" stuff that makes this thing warm, the acrylic or their advertised "milk protein" (which I find hard to believe)?
    2. Whats the antibacterial agent? Wouldn't it wash away?
    3. Is uniqlo supposed to be boxy? Shoulders fit a bit slim for me, but my HT fleece sweater seems to be a bit boxy/baggy while the LS shirt seems to skim along my torso.
    4. Can you pair fleece sweater with flannel shirt?
    5. How do you make this thing warm? I'm sitting here typing and I feel like my regular cotton T and hoodie do a better job keeping me warm.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  20. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013