1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Senior member

chet, they look better on you than me including sleeves but stand up collar was worse in person to me just overall feel wise but up to you, it's only 40 bux

1 person likes this.
  2. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Went to the new Uniqlo store at Valley Fair mall. They didn't have the camouflage flannel and only had a couple of the purple blackwatch flannels.

Saw the patchwork flannel that Jet had and it looked great on him but didn't look as good in person. I think it's the green collar that ruined it for me. Too many colors. Got the greyish patchwork flannel.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^How big is that store and the selection? Does it seem to attract a lot of crowds?

This means no more running to SF for me :happy:

4. jet

jet Senior member

anyone try the stretch down jacket? think that might just by my next outdoor smoking jacket

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

The store isn't as big as the SF store. It is a single floor (on the 2nd floor of the mall between Vans and Nordstrom) and size wise it is smaller than the main level of the Uniqlo in SF. There were a good amount of people inside.

I didn't take a look at everything as I went in to exchange the flannel I had that was stitched slanted. They were cool about it. Selection wasn't bad but didn't look through. I saw a bunch of fleece jackets, their jeans, outerwear like peacoats, heat teach, and their socks/underwear/tee section.

6. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Had no idea that VF had a new Uniqlo. Anyone see the 4-way coat there?

7. kraands

kraands Senior member

Scooped up a couple of the flannels and am pleased. They're pretty decent beaters for the weekend.

8. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Wore the stand-up collar cardigan today. Thing is pilling like crazy already. Had to buy a lint roller to get all the fuzz off my backpack. Terrible. Wouldn't even be wearable again if the mottled colors didn't mask the fuzziness. Lesson learned.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

10. espen

espen Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on who to contact for a Uniqlo U.S. webstore proxy? Really debating the 4way as my winter parka this year, need to get it shipped to Toronto.

11. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

RKD just proxied a Uniqlo blazer for me, would definitely recommend. Rirawin also offers a free proxy service from the UK (which, in my experience, has cheaper shipping to Canada than the US does these days), but he's away until the 20th and I'm guessing you'd want a winter coat before then...

12. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

I could proxy. I was looking to pick up some cheaper basics stuff that wouldn't hit the free shipping threshold so the 4way would help me get that =p. PM me.

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i was thinking about getting the heattech down vest is it bulky or slim compared to regular down vests?

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How does this look in person?

[​IMG]

15. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

I saw that at the mall yesterday, I would not get it, looks very shiny in real life.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  16. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get an MA-1 besides the us online store? They are sold out in my size and the color I want.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm still selling a black medium MA-1

18. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

tried it on at the store today. i'm between sizes and had to size down (from m to s), although you should probably go TTS if you plan on layering.

i liked it a lot. can't get over how cheap the zipper felt though for the price - same plastic zip as the MA-1. There are buttons that go over the zip line which is nice though. I'll probably hold out till black friday to see if they go on a further sale since it doesn't seem like stock is moving on them.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  19. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

If I buy their gray skinny jeans, are they really going to look like A Fellow Linguists? --> slim, stacky, and expensive-y?