• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staticbolt

Reaction score
I just got back from NYC and just noticed that one of the pants I purchased was the wrong waist size, is it possible to do a return via mail from an in store purchase or did i just **** myself?

leeba

Reaction score
The length does shrink quite a bit over time; someone posted about it a little earlier. The rest of the body on mine didn't shrink all that much in comparison, though. If everything else fits, why not just get them shortened by a tailor? After a few week's worth of washes, of course.

Cool, thanks - I probably will. I wonder if the body taper will get messed up (mediocre tailor)...whatever not trying to overthink things its a $15 oxford. Why are these things so long anyways? I'm not even abnormally short (5'9"-5'10"...)

Last edited:

corneliusparky

Reaction score

well they're leggings, they're supposed to be tight.

What I meant was that I have other long underwear (like REI long johns) and they are looser. They are called long johns on the Uniqlo website not tights so I was confused by the fit.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go by their suggested size, TTS, the waist will be fine, but they are certainly tights. The bottoms are definitely underwear.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Agreed. The waist is accurate, I just found them pretty tight in the thighs, calves and crotchal region.

andrewsd

Reaction score

I just got back from NYC and just noticed that one of the pants I purchased was the wrong waist size, is it possible to do a return via mail from an in store purchase or did i just **** myself?
you can mail them it back, go to the site and look for returns, or customer service -- they emailed me a return slip and called me to verify my credit card when they got it.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the perfect fit chinos fit the same as the wool trousers?

musicmax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

you can mail them it back, go to the site and look for returns, or customer service -- they emailed me a return slip and called me to verify my credit card when they got it.

Yup did the same thing. The credit showed up a couple days after they called. It went very smoothly.

.Impulsv

Reaction score

Cool, thanks - I probably will. ย I wonder if the body taper will get messed up (mediocre tailor)...whatever not trying to overthink things its a $15 oxford. ย Why are these things so long anyways? ย I'm not even abnormally short (5'9"-5'10"...)ย 

I am the same height, and they shrank took a reasonable length for me. Even if you have to get it shortened, you got a good deal.

muzach

Reaction score
Are the Made In Japan Slim Fit jeans a seasonal item? They've been totally out-of-stock since Xmas in US and UK.
They've been around for years, so I highly doubt they're a seasonal thing, though the US site was all screwy for a while, listing like 3 versions of the exact same ones, 3 for the MIJ slims and 3 for the MIJ regulars, and the stock was different depending on which one you clicked. Now it's condensed to 1 for each, but nothing in stock. Very strange.

I'm waiting on those, too. Got a few items from them for Christmas, and had to return a couple. The credit is all going to a pair of those, once they're in stock. Does anyone know if those fit like the slim cords? The charts looks like the cut is identical, but it sounds like the consensus is that the charts are way off. I got a pair of the slim cords, and really like them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads