1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Printed shorts are $1.90 right now [​IMG] Mostly L or bigger.

2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Oxford shirts – They are pretty much my favorite shirts under 50 bucks. The only knock on the shirts are the puny collars. At times, it's even difficult to wrap 3-inch ties around my collar without exposing parts of it around the back my neck. Brook Brothers and Kamakura shirts are definitely higher quality but they are around three times the price. If anybody likes the oxford shirts and are looking for a similar cut but with higher quality fabrics and construction, I would recommend the Tokyo slim-fitted Kamakura shirts.

Airism – The shirts are great for the summer as undershirts since they absorb sweat. Rather than having soaked armpits and a drenched back, the shirt will keep you dry. I’ve tried wearing nothing but a dress shirt compared to a dress shirt/Airism combo, and I would say the lather keeps me cooler even though it may sound counterintuitive by wearing an extra layer.

Heattech – It basically performs what the company claims. Not much is needed to say about this item other than it works, but it’s not going to keep you much warmer than a regular cotton t-shirt.

Premium cotton T-shirt – It doesn’t stretch like all the other brands at a similar price point. I’ve washed it and line dried it a few times, and it’s still holding up pretty well.

Slim-straight jeans –They are jeans with some elastic material so it bends as you move to not restrict movements as you would experience with stiffer jeans. It doesn’t really feel like you’re wearing a rugged pair of jeans. It feels better than regular jeans, but I’m not sure if this type of fabric is for everybody.

Flannel shirts – The fabric is awesome but the quality control on the cutting of the shirt is horrendous. Some flannels are not constructed correctly, making some of my shirts drape awkwardly to the left or right. Just try it on before buying, even if you know your size.

Hope this helps the community.

3. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

They're a pretty standard white...if that makes sense. I wouldn't call them "off white"

4. jonathanvii

jonathanvii Member

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend what size I should go with in the uniqlo oxford shirt? I'm looking for a slim fitting oxford shirt, measurements are 31' waist, 44' chest, 6'2 , 198lbs athletic build. I don't have a uniqlo near me was so planning on ordering online.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

5. Kross

Kross Senior member

L

1 person likes this.
  6. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

Definitely a l

1 person likes this.
  7. gq_style

gq_style Member

i want to order those heavy/chunky cardigans.

i wear a small in their slim oxford shirts. should i go with a small in the cardigans as well or size up to a medium ? i don't want them to be too loose. i'd like it to fit like how it's modelled on the site.

also, the duffle/toggle coat. i assume i should go with a small as well ? anyone buy one ? it really sucks not being near a uniqlo to try the things on before buying.

8. jonathanvii

jonathanvii Member

Thank you! That was my inclination. Have you got any experience with the ultra light down? I think its perfect for Irish weather, but I see they don't stock a slim fit any more

9. superego

superego Senior member

uld is nice, and as a L in everything else uniqlo myself, the L vest gives a nice slim fit (prob don't need any slimmer), maybe even a bit too tight in the pits

10. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

I'd love one in Woodfield as I live 15 minutes from there but unfortunately for me it will most likely end up on State St.

11. jet

jet Senior member

I wear a small in uld but regular fit, spot on.

12. TimothyShaw

TimothyShaw Member

I'm looking to buy their Wool blend slim fit flat front pants and also perhaps a pair of the chinos. Does anyone have experience with these> How are they? Also, what size should I buy? I'm a 32 waist.

13. Lanfear

Lanfear Member

Anyone know the measurements of the leg opening of the wool blend flat front pants? Considering grabbing the whole suit if it goes on sale since I tried the jacket and it fits fairly well.

14. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

They are great. Recommended. You'll probably want a 31 but check the measurements on uniqlo.com.

15. 5354

5354 Senior member

16. hipster

hipster Senior member

fit pic of heavy gauge shawl cardigan, its gonna pill like crazy and the sleeves could be a bit slimmer.

[​IMG]

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Sucks that the thick cardigans are no good, I was going to grab one or two to use as bar wear. If you guys are in the market for something a little nicer but still disposable I've had really good luck at club monaco at sale time.

Jil from the past few seasons is really hit-or-miss, all the pure wool sweaters I've handled sucked but the cashmere blend fabrics have been really nice.

18. jet

jet Senior member

Hipster, that looks like a 40 dollar cardigan that's the problem. Usually the uniqlo hits look more expensive than what they are.

I just use my black stark for that shits been a good workhorse and it's robust as fuck. SNS on sale or margarat howell would be where I spend my chips.

19. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    Have one of the lambswool sweaters from last year it feels much roomier than the speckled wool one this year maybe will stretch out ? Can't complain for the price, those and linen shirts are so great

Fabrics this fw season are amazing , there's a massive olive coat that's so beautiful and thick

20. gong

gong Senior member

i am seriously impressed with uniqlos shipping service, i've received two orders within a day of placing them now.

i further echo all the sentiments here regarding the flannels, i have three and they're all really nice and have the same fit. the heat tech tees are also really nice. i sized up to a large (small in the flannels) and the upper body is fitted with a nice drape, definitely copping more.