The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. phreak

phreak Senior member

Called them yesterday to put in a phone order, ended up just getting a name to send my order through email with an ATTN: made out to that person. I gave item numbers and they checked availability within the hour. Called this morning and they got my CC info and will ship out today.

Quite painless

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

What colors are the oxfords offered in? The website is confusing, there are like 3 different types
    Of ocbds.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

What colors are the oxfords offered in? The website is confusing, there are like 3 different types
    Of ocbds.

last i remember there is white, blue, gray, and a pinkish/reddish one for the basic $25 OCBD (used to be 20 but now they're 25)

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Thanks!

5. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

I've been thinking about copping a blazer and was wondering how does it fit? I'm looking for a slim fit and cropped.

Thanks!

6. godeacs

godeacs Active Member

I'm headed to the Soho location tomorrow if anyone wants me to check on anything. I also heard today that they're opening up two more NYC locations -- one on 34th Street maybe?

7. shaqin93

shaqin93 Active Member

I've been thinking about copping a blazer and was wondering how does it fit? I'm looking for a slim fit and cropped.

Thanks!

I'm not much of a fan of their blazers. They tend to be a bit boxy for me.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I'm headed to the Soho location tomorrow if anyone wants me to check on anything. I also heard today that they're opening up two more NYC locations -- one on 34th Street maybe?

really when and where did you hear that?

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

really when and where did you hear that?

who knows if it's happening but google is your friend

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/artic...ets-some-style

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2011/0..._fall_2011.php

10. randomkoreandude

11. Hollywars

Hollywars Senior member

How about instead of 3 in NY, they put one in DC [​IMG]

12. randomkoreandude

lol that wont happen for at least another couple of years

BUT this is still good news for everyone else. by opening extra stores they will have MORE inventory set out for the US as a whole.

the phone/email orders with 8 shipping is fine by me for +j items. i hate them telling me that its sold out after being released for only 1 week, so having more stores will help

13. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Whoever said the blazers fit boxy, I'm not real sure what your body type is but that doesn't make sense to me. My work suits are all Uniqlo and +J. They all have a good, slim fit. The difference usually being +J fits 1/2 smaller than tagged.

Whatever fits my shoulders/chest will be like a fucking tent on my waist. It was made for people with no drop.

I still get most of my basics (and wardrobe I guess) from Uniqlo just because it's so cheap and easy to tailor.

yeah, boxy vs. slim is meaningless for me because nothing OTR is gonna fit my shoulders+drop and so i get everything tailored anyway. The slim fit shirts are made for people with my shoulders but not my chest
    I'm not even a big lifter but I have normal, non-Japanese shoulders and a drop. Even my size +J needs to a darted like crazy to avoid huge... blousing? at my mid back. The problem is, I have to get +J slim so the arms are adequately slim but those already come with the front darts. Now my work shirts are all going to look like fucking arts 'n crafts projects.

14. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

^Were the Japan sized shirts ever released this season? I stopped by yesterday and all there was were the regular US sizes. I need work shirts and the sleeves on the Japanese M were the perfect length for me.

I noticed that the front darting on the slim shirts are only really obvious on solid color shirts. Patterned shirts tend to hide it. I agree that the slim shirts need to be more fitted/less blousy. They need to make slim shirts with no back pleats and lower back darts. Last season they had those formal tuxedo shirts with the plain back and back pleats and they fit me perfect.

15. godeacs

godeacs Active Member

From the Uniqlo site:

"UNIQLO is proud to announce it will open its third New York City location at 31 West 34th Street. The 34th Street store is set to open late in the fall of 2011, following the opening of the largest UNIQLO Global Flagship in the world on New York's prestigious Fifth Avenue in early fall 2011. These stores will join the current UNIQLO location in Manhattan's Soho district."