• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
btw there is a slim small oxford on the uniqlo shop, supa rare

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fit seems slimmer to me than the winter oxfords, also material is lighter.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a large in the sweatpants.. sorta think they are too baggy

andrewsd

Reaction score
would an S fit me in the slim fit oxford? 5'9'' ~35.5 chest, 145 lbs ~16.5 shoulders usually or should i wait for xs?

small in efm sweaters/t shirts if that helps, xs in blazers

asdsime

Reaction score
Uniqlo sizing sounds big... 5"9 145lbs and wearing only XS? I'm 5"7 and 132lbs... That means the XS stuff I ordered will not fit me...:brick:

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Height/weight isn't all that helpful, need chest measurement for a top. I'm 5'10 145-150 and take a medium in slim fit but i have a 39 chest.

leeba

Reaction score
Was in store at the Shanghai Uniqlo flagship today. They were out of Navy tasmanian wool suits in my size along with herringbone slim perfect cargoes unfortunately. Saw the sweats but honestly would rather get H&M sweats that taper more. Wanted to pick up a stretch down jacket...but not at full price. Everything UU is on sale and they have loads of it.

Walked out with a floral print shirt (they also have some that aren't on the U.S. website I think), slim fit navy polka dot shirt, and UU cargo-trouser things (in grey wool) I didn't know existed. Floral print shirt might be going back tomorrow because it doesn't fit that well and I'm not sure I like the pattern that much/might want to get a different pattern.

re:sizing:
5'9' ,155 =
-asian large in the slim fit dress shirts (navy polkadot) 39.5" chest, it's borderline snug and also small in the shoulder area.
-asian large as well in the normal shirts (floral print) but they're loose/unflattering in the body and a little bit large in the shoulder area.
-both are way too long for unbuttoned shirts IMO, gonna have to get them shortened probably

Just can't win.
ffffuuuu.gif

Also - wtf they're completely out of t shirts. I WANT T SHIRTS
Going back at some point to check out slim fit oxfords vs regular oxfords and maybe hit up other stores to try and find a navy suit in my size/cargoes in my size.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Uniqlo shirts continue to shrink in the length over time? I feel like all my shirts gradually get shorter to about where they should be, they are way too long when i buy them.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed that too, at first my shirt was way too long but now it's the best fitting shirt I own. Just hope it doesn't continue to shrink, hah.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads