1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Senior member

Uniqlo sizing is kind of fucked, I'm normally a large but wear a M in uniqlo button ups and a small in the ul down. It's pretty slim and fitted which is the look i was going for with it.

2. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

The new heavy gauge cardigans are exactly what I've been looking for. Just wish they were 100% wool

3. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Senior member

Horrible--you can already see them starting to pill.

4. jet

jet Senior member

they're 80 dollar cashmere what do you expect

5. superego

superego Senior member

you sized wrong...mine in L (as the other uniqlo pieces I have) is fitted, armholes are a tad too small and I don't even have particularly big arms

6. superego

superego Senior member

am I the only one that was their typical size in all uniqlo shit?

L in v neck sweaters - TTS, though like a more traditional 'slim' fit
    L in uld - vest was fitted, armholes slightly too tight; jacket was more relaxed but still decently fitted
    L in flannels - kinda like the jacket--decently fitted with some room, though not blousey in the waist
    L in hoodie - def fitted, but not uncomfortably so

7. bigsink

bigsink Senior member

8. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

Quote:You got a pic of you wearing the soft touch long sleeve t-shirt?

9. transient

transient Senior member

I don't know guys. Maybe it works for you but I've tried on typical REI brands where the shoulders, arms, and torso are much more tailored and even though its $200+ I'd still pay the premium to not look like a potato sack. YMMV.

While I'm at it I'll review some stuff from my last order:

Bomber Jacket - It's a $40 jacket but fit is spot on. Should be plenty warm and dry for socal autumns. Did I mention that it's a perfect for a $40 jacket?

Men Seamless Boxer Briefs - Seem to fit even smaller than usual underwear. They're refusing to return because I ripped the packaging to discover that they're tiny. +2 or +3 for sizing.

Corduroy Shirt - Pretty nice but returning because a lot of uniqlo shirting is a tad small on me.

Sweat Room Shoes - Comfy and nice designs for $10. Getting a set for fam.

Wool Blended Slim Flat Front Pants - Non stretchy wool blend that feels pretty hefty. Reordering a size up. Really wish they would bring back the lighter wool blends they had earlier this year. Or even the tasmanian wool which I missed out on. This is really pissing me off, current slacks selection is all northern climate shit.

10. jet

jet Senior member

i ordered the two chunky cardigans as my smoking cardigans by the coast, the shawl collar and stand up collar one since they have free ship

1 person likes this.
  11. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Got the same two cardigans, arriving tomorrow. Will post pics.

I still need to get a few lambswool sweaters. I thought about trying cashmere, but buying cashmere from Uniqlo just doesn't feel right...I'll stick to the cheaper, disposable stuff.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

13. systematic

systematic Senior member

I have one of the shawl collar ones. I sized up to a large, and the fit ended up being spot on -loose and not fitted like their model photos.
    I'm a medium in the slim fit oxfords and a large in the efm cardigans.

Quality is acceptable for a beater. You're not going to find a better knit under $100, unless it's on sale or you get lucky on Yoox.

14. Batistuta

Batistuta Well-Known Member

Need to know how itchy/scratchy the cardigans are... TIA

15. Batistuta

Batistuta Well-Known Member

What timing... itchy/scratchy?

16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

They fight, they bite, they fight and bite and fight.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    5 people like this.
  17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Did you go with L?

Cashmere feels worse than the merino and is twice the price, I wouldn't bother.

18. jet

jet Senior member

thanks guys yes large on both, didn't notice at first but there are two chunky shawls so I got the patterned one since I'm not a fan of all the placket ribbing on the other though I preferred the speckling on the latter navy.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

The thing with the new cardigans is they have poly. I much prefer cotton or wool.

20. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Just got my shawl collar (patterned) and button-up turtleneck cardigans. They feel better than I expected—similar to a couple of wool/cotton blend knits I have. The light gray shawl collar looks even better in person. The navy button-up was a little underwhelming—maybe another color would have helped.

In the end, though, I'm sending both back. I wear medium in pretty much all Uniqlo stuff but should have gone with a large. Medium is fitted, though not too much, but a looser fit would look better. The deal breaker is the length—too short for a moderately tall guy. Even the large might be too short, though I'll give it a try. Length shouldn't be a problem if you're under 6'.

I might get two shawl collars next time around and skip the button-up.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013