• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gg_monogram

Reaction score

How's the sizing? It have a tapered waist? Measurements seem boxy, but I guess there should be some shrinkage in the wash.
no taper at all, straight down and almost same quality as GAP polka star slim dress shirt 2 yrs back. IMO, black is the only choice for me as white is too thin that i can see my nips if im not wearing an undershirt.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
They've got full size runs on OCBDs right now in PINK, YELLOW, and BLUE if anyone's interested.

ironduke

Reaction score

With a budget of about $200. What would you guys cop from the online store if you were me? I wear Medium (I'm 5'10" 165lbs) Also I'm from the south so it doesn't get too cold down here. Thanks for the help in advance, and I'll try to post some pics of what I got so far.
I recommend Tasmanian wool pants (100% wool), some of 100% wool sweaters, and Uniqlo MIJ jeans. Comfort jackets look nice but I cannot vouch for its durability since it is this season's item, not a steady seller like those three. MIJ jeans are Japanese 15oz denim that is quite thick, and not for summer. Too bad it is low rise for me. Who bought navy lambswool sweater reported his sweater's wool fibers made his shirt messy, so care. He thought other colors such as green did not made a problem.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like the way these uniqlo soft ts form creases

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

I recommend Tasmanian wool pants (100% wool), some of 100% wool sweaters, and Uniqlo MIJ jeans. Comfort jackets look nice but I cannot vouch for its durability since it is this season's item, not a steady seller like those three.
MIJ jeans are Japanese 15oz denim that is quite thick, and not for summer. Too bad it is low rise for me.
Who bought navy lambswool sweater reported his sweater's wool fibers made his shirt messy, so care. He thought other colors such as green did not made a problem.

so you recommend him all wool everything?

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I just copped a black pair and yes, one back pocket.

Pretty decent. Comfy wearz. Not as substantial as the UU sweats.

PS - The red colorway is actually more orange irl.

Last edited:

fishbones

Reaction score
For $30, not too bad. I just copped a few days ago, an alternative to the polka dot flannel shirt from EG this season.
Just wondering, how's the cotton/material?
Is it in an oxford texture, or a bit lighter?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
how's the cotton cashmere sweaters feel? don't expect it to be much different than just cotton since it's only 10% so i'm not sure why they would do this unless it improves the hand/feel somehow

cashmere back down to 60 for whoever was bitching last week

Last edited:

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's about right.

Also, I saw they had some new Slim Fit Dress Shirts (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-slim-fit-long-sleeve-shirt/075442-10-003) in stock. Copped one in blue.

I remember buying a couple of similar ones this past summer at $30 a pop. Still wear them to this day, no need to iron even after going through a wash and dry.

Just threw that new Slim Fit Dress Shirt in the wash and dryer and turns out it's wrinkly. Minor gripe. Sucks they couldn't continue the same shirts they had during the summer.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
FYI, there was still some UU at the SF store earlier this evening(nothing when I was by a week or so ago). There were some hooded downs in khaki and black as well as a grey peacoat in a small. There might have been more too that I didn't notice, since I was kind of in a hurry and didn't have space in my bag to bring anything home in. They seemed to have restocked smaller sizes on a lot of stuff too like cargo pants, different wool trousers, pin dot and floral shirts, and a new M-65(might be this one) that looked like it was made of windbreaker material. And for the person who asked about that new cardigan's collar, the one hanging didn't seem to lay flat and it looked kinda cheap. I'm likely going to be back to tomorrow so PM me if there's something you want me to be on the look out for.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics