1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

~200 I suppose

Not coming soon enough

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

I ordered an array of these on Friday --- like 3-4, cant even remember now, black and blue styles -- reasoning that somehow I would find one acceptable $40 jacket in the whole set.

If they are true to size then the Uniqlo measurements are a joke. Medium ptp is 23"+

at any rate there was a full restock tonight so dig in if anyone missed out earlier.

1 person likes this.
  3. superego

superego Senior member

any active codes/sales for uniqlo webstore purchases?

4. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

i don't think there has been a code since the first few weeks after the webstore opened

5. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

i just measured the small ma-1 i got and the measurements on the size chart are pretty much spot on. it's so much better than the last iteration, and it fits great a little oversized. i'm glad i got a size that i knew would be slightly too big instead of sizing down

6. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

MA-1 is true to size. I wear XS fin almost everything but screen tees(don't like these fitting very slim for some reason) and airism/heat tech. The wool blend knit blazer looks interesting. Gonna see if they have some to try on tomorrow after work.

As for suits, the ones I purchased last winter were $200(130/60). They weren't slim fit(or at least marketed as such) and I only had the body taken in a bit and had the pants slimmed a bit through the leg. Been very happy with them considering I wear them everyday for work. People seem to be impressed when they learn that they're from Uniqlo. I just hope they keep a higher wool content when they come back instead of going back to 50% or lower.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  7. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

here's a quick fit pic of the new ma-1 in a small. it doesn't look this slim in real life, but this should give an idea of what it looks like oversized. i like my ma-1s to fit big, anyway (for reference, i'm 5'10", 140 something)

[​IMG]

(edited out my bathroom in the background, because no one wants to see that)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    6 people like this.
  8. superego

superego Senior member

disagree, often leads to some of the most entertaining subsequent posts

9. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

ma-1 has some filling ala toj's

10. baxter0

baxter0 Well-Known Member

Isn't the MA-1 too large in the waist TTS? It wouldn't be a problem unzipped, but zipped...

11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

tc that already looks slim as it is unzipped i can only imagine zipped. not saying it looks bad looks good just that doesn't look oversized.

12. nomad

nomad Senior member

is this online?

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

yea it is for uniqlo usa its 79 and change. coldsnap for $79 wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

just ordered the ma-1 and the reversible parka in xs. hoping both don't fit too big on me. dlester thanks for the heads up on the restock :worship2:

15. nomad

nomad Senior member

Will check out the sheepskin in beijing tomorrow. Anyone seen the fleece pants?

16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Thanks for the tip on the restock. Picked up a small in black just to round out the options.

I also picked up one of these to try out:

[​IMG]

17. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

notwithit so you got 3 ma-1's on the way? also let me know how that jacket fits i'm also interested in it.

18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'll post my thoughts and maybe some pics (if it's not too beastly hot outside) when they show up. Hopefully they'll get here on Wednesday, since I'm out of town Thursday and Friday. If not, I'll post this weekend.

19. systematic

systematic Senior member

I went with medium, but I'm curious how small will go for you, since I believe we're roughly around the same size.

I'm trying out their roll edge sweater and considering their tweed blazer. The fit on the last blazer I got from them was awful, though. :/

20. jimmys

jimmys New Member

What do you all think about the faux leather biker jacket:
    [​IMG]
    I was pretty apprehensive about fake leather, but I saw it in person today and was pleasantly surprised. The black one feels even softer than the brown one, and the build quality appears to be shockingly good for $60. It does carry a warning stating that after about 3 years, the resin coating will start to degrade, but for a disposable piece good for a few of seasons, it seems pretty good. Anyone have any experience with their faux leather?