• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
I hate when you post Meis...I spend a minute staring at your avatar....every damn time.

Marsh1635

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to dressing well. Reddit MFA turned me to Styleforum and you guys seem to take dressing well to American Psycho levels! Which is great.

I just learned of Uniqlo as well, and as a 22 yr old college student about to graduate they seem to be great for starting to build up my wardrobe. (Plus they sell online now)

So far for this fall/Winter I've got:

Wool Blended Pea Jacket (Navy)

Heavy Gauge Fair Isle Button up Cardigan (Gray)
Heavy Gauge Shawl Cardigan (Black)
I've also got about 5 pairs of Levis 508's that fit great so i'm pretty much set for now as far as pants go. (Although I wish I could get wool trousers from uniqlo in 32x30...)

I will probably buy some dress shirts when I have to start job hunting next year, but for now I would like to keep it fairly casual.

I was thinking about getting some Heattech l/s shirts and possibly a casual oxford in blue and white. With a budget of about $200. What would you guys cop from the online store if you were me? I wear Medium (I'm 5'10" 165lbs) Also I'm from the south so it doesn't get too cold down here. Thanks for the help in advance, and I'll try to post some pics of what I got so far.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^welcome. I'd suggest: navy and black EFM crewneck and vneck cardigan, 3 flannels in colors you like, 3 extra fine cloth button downs, and a white and blue slim fit oxford. then you good to go.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just buy what you like not according to a checklist

recommended stuff:
oxfords
ul down jacket
premium tees
socks
twill jeans apparently
extra fine merino sweaters
flannels perhaps

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
listen to jet and the future will be good for you

Last edited:

Marsh1635

Reaction score
^welcome. I'd suggest: navy and black EFM crew-neck and vneck cardigan, 3 flannels in colors you like, 3 extra fine cloth button downs, and a white and blue slim fit oxford. then you good to go.
Cool!, appreciate the advice. I was really wanting to pick up some of those medium EFM Crew-necks but they ran out of mediums days ago, and they've been out of those oxfords since I first browsed the on-line store.

I will definitely pick up some flannels and extra fine cloth button downs though!
just buy what you like not according to a checklist
recommended stuff:
oxfords
ul down jacket
premium tees
socks
twill jeans apparently
extra fine merino sweaters
flannels perhaps
Yeah, thanks for the input I will definitely be stocking up on some basics, I'll also try to check out that down jacket.
rolleyes.gif
cheers.gif

Raisinbran72

Reaction score
Can't speak for Everlane, but I picked up a cashmere V-neck today in Soho and the quality and fit is really decent and for $60 (sale price, regularly $99) you can't go wrong.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo cashmere falls apart pretty quickly. Def reasonable at sale price but not worth retail.

transient

Reaction score
Received regular cashmere and +J stretch cashmere. +J is dope but regular is whack. Arm holes too big and is too thin and flimsy. No one has posted any fits or reviews of everlane so I'm still not convinced that the cut is good.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh I haven't found anything I want online in my size since the webstore launched =(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads