1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

nvm

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. Samir

Samir Senior member

Anyone know when the Tasmanian wool stuff will be back? Do the stores know anything about those sort of restocks?

3. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Senior member

How good is Uniqlo's linen cotton blend trousers? Any experience?

4. jet

jet Senior member

RESTOCK LINEN SHIRTS YOU FUCKS

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

cool your jets

1 person likes this.
  6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't really like them. Sleeves are made for like a 6"4 person and the collars are so little

7. jet

jet Senior member

nigs like lmao and shah raving about them now you tell me THEY AIN'T NO GUD

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yeah. Fabric is a little course. The muji fabric is better. Really soft and has a nice hand. If you could only find them.

I liked those dark flower print shorts. I haven't been able to find the shirts tho.

Also uniqlo vintage flat front chinos are the shit

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  9. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

The collars of the Uniqlo linen shirts are very soft, but they're not the sort of shirts that you'd wear a tie with, anyway.

I think that the quality of the linen is fine - here are a couple of photos from my earlier post above:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. andrewsd

andrewsd Senior member

i feel like they won't restock linen at this point. bookmark it though sometimes returns will popup. fwiw i like the fit myself, i'm xs in oxfords and the xs is perfect for me, not a huge fan of the collar shape though. they are a bit scratchy too for sure.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...033?ref=mens-clothing/mens-bottoms/mens-pants

these seem interesting, been looking for tapered chinos like this in black. wonder if they're cut like t000s. gonna try them out if they're in stores next week.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  11. jet

jet Senior member

that's what i'm thinking as well but they haven't been out that long i don't think so i'm optimistic they just might

indesert, what colors do muji do?

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Beige white and navy. But online store is out and the muji store I went to in nyc was out. It's on clearance too if you can find it. $30

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Interesting to hear this. I can't help but wonder if the "outside Japan" linen shirts are made differently from the Japanese market linen shirts.

The ones that I picked up in Tokyo have a "premium linen" label inside and the linen is very soft and nice, particularly once it's been washed and ironed once. The collar shape is nice, too. Whilst the collar band isn't as tall nor the collar leaves as long and wide as my work shirts, the collar is still a nice size and looks good when worn without a tie.

14. Totakeke

Totakeke Senior member

Yeah, the one I bought in Singapore that has the premium linen label feels pretty fine and smooth to me. Collars may not be substantial but I didn't have any particular problems with it.

15. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

I think I paid like 10k won for each of mine on sale in korea. lovemylinenshirts

16. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Online stock looks depleted.

A lot of their blazers and polos that were on the site last week are gone.

17. TheDroog

TheDroog Senior member

Can anyone with experience with both the Vintage Chinos and the Slim Fit Chinos tell me how they differ in fit re: rise, thighs, and taper? Aside from the ultra low-rise, the Vintage Chinos fit me pretty well. I'm intrigued by the Slim Fit Chinos since they have some spandex for stretch, but I'm worried that they'll be too tight for my thighs (I bike and run a lot). For reference, both Dockers Alphas and Uniqlo's slim fit jeans are too tight for me.

18. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Every time my order arrives from Uniqlo the package looks like it's about to fall apart, does this happen to anyone else?

Airism tees arrived today and they really are super light and thin. Gonna be wearing them around the house all summer.

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yea, its the packing tape they use.

20. doopdoop

doopdoop Well-Known Member

How should I be washing my new Uniqlo clothes? I bought a bunch of cotton shirts, a linen shirt, and two denim shirts.