1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Have you tried Airism shirts? they feel quiet nice and very very light although mediums are hard to find in store

2. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

I haven't had a problem. My dress shirts aren't say, Charvet poplin quality, but I've worn some pretty sheer white and had no issues.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  3. Felix77

Felix77 New Member

4. extraGuac

extraGuac New Member

Hey guys, I want to order some OCBDs and I'd like some recommendations on what size to get. My measurements are height 5'6, 145lbs, 37 chest and 30 waist, athletic build. I've heard the regular fit is billowy and some of the pictures I've seen here reflect that but also I think it would probably fit the best in the chest in an XS. Do you think the XS slim fit would be ok or too tight? Thanks.

My one OCDB right now is a JCrew Factory Sunwashed. I measured the shoulders and it is 17 inches across. It fits pretty well but has a little room. How much difference would .5 inches make?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

^ try the slim fit small. the xs will be too tight.

6. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Agreed. My chest is 38" and slim fit small's just a tad tight on me.

7. extraGuac

extraGuac New Member

Ah forgot to mention, I don't want a small because I think the sleeves would be too long. Looking at the sizing charts the Slim Small is an extra inch longer in the sleeves than the Regular XS.

8. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Get the slim small. roll up the sleeves.

slim xs will be too small on the chest, reg xs will be too big at the waist and too small at the chest.

9. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

dude please don't stress about your sleeves being a half inch too long on an oxford with slim cuffs that will just stick to your wrist anyways

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

any comments on the airism boxers?

How does Uniqlo dress shirts compare to BR and JCrew in terms of quality?

11. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Compared to J. Crew I find them to be a notch below. Generally they are not as trim as the JCrew ones in style (i.e. made to fit more people). The fabrics are also not as soft or broken in as a JCrew shirt. Some of the JCrew shirts use very high end fabrics.

That being said a uniqlo shirt is anywhere from half to one forth the price of the JCrew shirts. I tend to use my uniqlo shirts for events where I fear potential for getting dirty and damaged or if I am wearing a jacket and it does not matter about the cut.

That said I have never had either brand begin to fall apart and I wear my uniqlo shirts far harder than the jcrew ones.

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

when you mean high end, are you talking about the thomas mason shirts? It's probably better to compare Jcrew's regular line vs uniqlo's regular line.

Thanks for the comment.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

uniqlo > jcrew in fit, quality and price

2 people like this.
  14. Venser

Venser Senior member

The airism boxers are like heaven for your nether regions

15. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I mean that they range up to the Thomas Mason fabrics. But in general I tend to prefer even the normal fabrics to uniqlo, but not by much. When you consider the price there is a reason I own more uniqlo.

16. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Are they better than Uniqlo's cotton boxers? Airism boxers are twice as expensive and they are constructed in polyester.

17. jet

jet Senior member

med slim ox fits me beautifully like it was bespoke, don't give a shit about softness as oc breaks in it gets softer over time

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

19. juliettes

juliettes Active Member

They feel better but fit smaller.

20. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i think any shirt in general after it's been broken in is always better. brand new and crisp fit is usually :fu: