1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. choj

choj Member

I've been so far impressed with their OCBDs and now have them in blue, pink, and white--so impressed that I've decided to abandon my loyalty to other over-priced brands of questionable quality.

Can anyone pitch in as to how the boxer briefs and socks fit? I wear a 31 in Levi's and am a size small in CK boxer briefs, although I find 2(x)ist size small to be too tight. I also wear size 8 shoes and alot of the one-size-fits-all type of socks tend to run slightly long on me.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

sadly the small collars on the ocbd don't go with my large frame...

3. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

I like the dark green better, plus it's the one MB himself rocks in the promo video.

4. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

Size small in their boxers should be fine, I'm a waist 30/31" and they fit good, any bigger, they'd be too big. As for socks you might struggle, I'm a US10 and their one size socks fit perfect...

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  5. spicycho

spicycho Senior member

Yeah the sleeves are too small on these. I don't have 18" guns or anything and they feel tight when bending my arms

6. chubbyjew

chubbyjew Member

Such a stupid question, but what seperates them from the chino shorts?
    As in how is the material different?
    Also, how is the fit. I am looking for something slim but definitely not skinny.

7. poorman

poorman Senior member

Anyone happen to know if there are anymore of the MB polos with the v-neck collar and 2 stripes in stores?
    I'm looking for the white with the black/red stripe and the navy.red stripe ones in Large.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  8. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

i am looking for some cheap, decent-quality work pants for a business-casual office

does uniqlo sell anything in this realm?

9. amathew

amathew Senior member

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/

10. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

i should have re-phrased

are their trousers serviceable for office attire?

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I would only recommend their wool trousers that seems to be only available in fall. Light enough to still wear year round IMO

12. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

I agree. I've been wearing my Tasmanian wool trousers weekly for a year and they've held up pretty good for the beating I've put them through at work. I'd only recommend the wool trousers.

13. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

^ Can't wait until the tasmanian wool stuff comes back...no luck finding the jacket ....

14. spicycho

spicycho Senior member

I have two pairs of the Tasmanian wool trousers for work and they're great. Ill definitely get the jackets if they come back to make some cheap suits.

15. Samir

Samir Senior member

Tasmanian pants just need a taper. If they sold them in fixed lengths + 7" hem, it'd be perfect.

16. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yes I need new trousers mine are too tight in the seat now.

Currently wearing Land's End year round trousers, which are okay but I still prefer the Uniqlo Tasmanian wool. A bit more heftier in hand.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  17. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Agreed.

I have 4 Tasmanian suits (2 charcoal; 2 navy). Going on 3+ years of almost everyday wear; they still look great, but the fabric is noticeably thinner than most wools.

Actually looking at other suits, but the 2% elastane in the pants are super comfy.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  18. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ Best suit, value-wise. $29 for pants and $59 for the jacket. Keep in mind, those are the sale prices.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I just hope the coming F/W will not be too much change in terms of fabric and color because I just really need to update the bottoms. Jackets still fit me fine for the most part.

Otherwise, I would not mind spending money on 1-3 new suits, retail or sale.

20. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

most polos (not the MB obvs) going for $14.90 right now. Good time to stock up for the summer