• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Which one is the "good"/slim fitting vest? I can't figure it out on the web store. Trying to avoid the shiny garbage bag look if possible.

I have the quilt one coming tomorrow, i saw it in some magazine while getting my hair cut. It looked pretty good. Although they were sold out in all Smalls, so I had to get a medium which will probably be too large on me.

do stores still carry their striped oxfords + extra fine oxfords?
online does not :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Nope, had suddenlee check the extra fine for me this weekend and they have none in the stores. Guess they rotated it out because its considered light fabric.

they need to do a better job restocking on the site

I know right, practically everything sold out.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the garbage bags are not shiny like garbage bags

charcoal

Reaction score

I'm really not one for chinos but I got a pair just in case, not sure if I'll keep them now. I'm a ~32" waist and I got them in 30. They fit snug but feel like they'd stretch out comfortably. The rise on my pair is more like 10", otherwise the site measurements are pretty accurate.
The fabric has a kind of fuzzy/napped texture to it, almost moleskin-like; it isn't smooth and flat like a typical twill, so I wouldn't want to wear them in warmer weather. Also seems like it picks up lint easily because of that.
I haven't worn them yet so I can't report on how they break in.

Eupfhoria

Reaction score
if anyone cares:

the blocktech fullzip jacket fits a little big: I have mediums in all the shirts, sweaters, and whatnot, but got a small in this

sweatpants also seem a little bigger than the size chart says on the US site. The medium size sweats are about an inch longer than according to the chart

the navy heattech fairisle beanie actually looks more like purple (but fits fine)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I think I have to size up on those damn twill jeans :fu:

I don't want to go to the city this weekend either :fu:

**** sucks. If anyone wants some pairs in 32x34 PM me.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup

So, does anyone actually own the twill jeans aside from me? Wondering if the thigh will stretch.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to size up on my twill jeans, but ymmv. The thighs stretch like any other pair of jeans, but I keep mine washed so it shrinks down. I'm normally between a 32-33 and I sized 33. I could probably do a 32 no problem but I preferred the slouchier fit. To be honest, the powdersoft overdyed black jeans I sized up to a 33 in are way too big in the waist and I'll probably have to get a 32 or the waist altered.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up green, gray and black.

31 I tried on back in Aug/Sept were way too tight. I tried on the 32x34 real quick and found them comfortable, but now I'm wondering if a 33 would have been better. I think we the same size. :fu: which means I probably would be better suited in a 33. My bro thinks these are skinny jeans and I keep telling him they slim fit. #dead

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well my TTS I would say typically is 32/M/48/38. So, sounds like I need a 33 :fu:

You guys in the bay think it would be safe to take the BART this weekend, Sat.? Takes an hour for me to get to Powell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics