1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

^True for button ups as well. Asian versions are shorter in the sleeves for sure.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ag

Agreed I only buy uniqlo when I'm in Japan / china. But I'm pretty sure the more recent stuff is pretty much the same now since my us medium Oxford fits the exact the same the Japan large

3. derv

derv Senior member

Fit and finish is pretty damn good, but Im not a big fan of the button collar but it will work. I tried on both a M and a S (6' 155), you youngsters would prefer a S but I bought mediums but honestly could have gone either way.

Fabric isnt bad also...it's relatively thick but not heavy.

4. K2793

K2793 Senior member

Will premium cotton tees shrink in the wash? Wondering if I should go medium and count on shrink or just go small. Im 5'7 130lbs

5. Muri

Muri Well-Known Member

Do you notice a difference in the Japanese and Chinese sizing? I remember I used to wear an L in uniqlo Japan but when I wear an M in China and an S in the States. So confused by the different sizes.

6. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

At 130lbs, small would be better. I wore them for undershirts when I was ~145.

7. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

They don't shrink much.

8. aphelan

aphelan Senior member

Chino shorts just went on sale for $19.99 and oxfords are still on sale as well.

9. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

^ I recommend the twill cotton shorts instead ($12.90). The 5th Ave. store has them in a bunch of (awesome) colors.

10. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

^are the twill cotton ones like the ones from last year with the elastic waistband? I would buy a ton of those, my wine colored pair is one of my summer go-to's

11. chubbyjew

chubbyjew Member

How is the taper on the chino shorts? My problem with shorts is that they often wing out and are too baggy. Just wondering cause they are on sale.

12. arcturuz

arcturuz Well-Known Member

not tapered at all

v flattering and relaxed fit

13. 2 Legit 2 Quit

2 Legit 2 Quit Well-Known Member

14. rohde88

rohde88 Senior member

No winging at all. I have a khaki pair in Medium and they fit straight down

15. Batistuta

Batistuta Well-Known Member

How is the sizing on these? Size down since they look relaxed?

16. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

How should I size premium v necks? 38" chest.

17. phonics

phonics Well-Known Member

slim/average 6', 37 1/2" chest, ordered them in small and they fit nice, on the looser side.

18. insomniac341

insomniac341 Senior member

Got 2 pairs of the new skinny jeans (the ones that replace the T000) and I have to say that I'm impressed. I freaked when I heard they were being discontinued and bought a bunch of the black t000s, however these new ones have a nicer, mor flattering fit and a heftier cotton weave. It's true that they come with a bit of a sheen, but after one wash it goes away dramatically and you're left with a solid pair of jeans. These "new" jeans don't have the massive stretching issues that the T000s in black did, so that's nice. Also, the leg opening is a bit slimmer (about 6.75" for a size 31, compared to 7" on my old T000s).

Overall, I actually like these just as much, if not slightly more due to the refined fit and non-massive-stretch issues.

Keep in mind, the sheen only applies to the black jeans. The grey ones that I bought are perfect.

For sizing - I wear a 32 in Levi's and got these in a 31 and they fit perfectly. A bit tight at first but they stretch out slightly within a day or two.

Also, their dry-mesh shirts are awesome (order TTS). The collars are a bit constricting on the crew-necks, so I found the v-necks to be more comfortable for gym-stuff.

Finally, for those who still have slim-oxford sizing questions, go TTS on the slims. I have a 39" chest. I wear a small in JCrew oxford, but needed a medium in the Uniqlo slim oxford. The small was just uncomfortably restricting. I'm 5'11" and it's just a touch too long - very simple alteration if you plan on wearing it untucked regularly.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

19. 2 Legit 2 Quit

2 Legit 2 Quit Well-Known Member

depends on your arm size too
    athletic build, get a M

20. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

What's the leg opening for the Slim straight jeans in size 31? It's not listed in the measurements.