1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Make sure you have realistic expectations.

1 person likes this.
  2. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Ok. Suppose I could've just put it in my signature and that would be ok?
    Posted in the classifieds.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  3. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

4. gort

gort Senior member

Need one in DC already! :(

1 person likes this.
  5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yup, do that :fonz:

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

So okay I got a bunch of those slim OCBDs that went on sale. They're good. I don't know what people are expecting but they're good. Clean trim fit with plenty of length in the sleeves and body. Might even throw them in the dryer. None of that sloppy wide neck action from last year either. Measurements were pretty accurate and they took a little off the fabric's weight which lends them a more normal hand for what it is, if that makes any sense. Anyway, they're perfect for what they are. They just need to come out with a lavender version...

Also grabbed some of the white pima cotton good grade whatever tees. Said yes to the crews, no to the v necks. The V in the neck just wasn't looking right. Whatever. Asia Uniqlo definitely does not have these, they got a nice touch. Smooth. At a ten a piece no complaints at all. Well okay but one thing: the white is more of an eggshell off white shade than a pure white. No matter tho, they feel good on the back.

Ordered some boxer briefs as well. Wow. Honestly I have no idea what they're doing because each of the size L versions I bought is different. Airism is different from low rise airism is different from cotton. That's just the waist alone, nothing about the cut. Literally. Each of the waist bands is a different size. Anyway, they're close enough.

So yeah. Definitely size down one from Asian Uniqlo sizes across the board (well maybe half a size or so for the underwear. Whatever that means. Seems like a crap shoot in that department). But good stuff overall. Very solid.

1 person likes this.
  7. derv

derv Senior member

I tried on the seersucker sport coat or whatever they call it and its really nice. Tried a M and it fits snug buttoned up and I'm 155 6'. Plenty of striped colors to choose from like blue beige etc.

I also talked to a SA and they have started only making their straight cut jeans in 34 length to promote their in house tailoring. The light weight denim is a combo of cotton and linen. Didn't try them on yet but will tomorrow.

Socks are nice as usual. Will be going to 5th ave store tomorrow to stock up.

If anybody has q's let me know.

8. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

As I've mentioned before in this thread...

US/UK sizing labels are just relabelled Asian ones when referring to like for like products. For example:

US/UK XS = Asia S
    US/UK S = Asia M
    US/UK M = Asia L
    US/UK L = Asia XL
    US/UK XL = Asia XXL

9. chubbyjew

chubbyjew Member

Are you talking about their short-sleeved ones? Cause I have one of em and the weight is perfect. Definitely suitable for summer IMO

10. gort

gort Senior member

The cordlane?

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

They removed cotton completely from their low rise boxer briefs and replaced it with polyester. The sizing on these new briefs are not consistent so becareful. At least the cotton low rise boxer briefs were all consistent in sizing.

I too get mixed feelings about the v-necks at Uniqlo. I found Express got better v-necks but they are expensive.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  12. choj

choj Member

Is it just me or are the collars on Uniqlo's OCBD relatively tall?

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  13. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

I think it might be just you. I was thinking today that they are kind of small, medium sized at best.

2 people like this.
  14. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I agree with jpc9. I just wish the slim fit uniqlo oxfords were a little bit bigger. They're slightly too small in medium. I may try a normal medium. Hopefully the body isn't too baggy.

15. choj

choj Member

Oh, I was referring to their regular fit OCBD's. Here's a pic of the collar--does it seem any different than the slim fit version? I'm wearing size S.[​IMG]

16. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

These EFC dress shirts are great for work, but Uniqlo needs to stop using button-down collars for dress shirts.

17. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

slim fit collar looked just as big to me compared to your photo. which to me looks big reason why i returned the ones i had.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  18. GBear

GBear Senior member

Collars soften up in the wash.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  19. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

20. sdedalus1

sdedalus1 Well-Known Member

oxfords are back on sale. anyone see any navy XS restock in NYC stores? still out on the website.