1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I can't say for sure - just grabbed two of the light blue and walked out, didn't look around at other colors/sizes sorry.

2. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Just went to the 34th store; no more navy oxfords.

Best colorway, imo.

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Waiting for the premium tees to go on sale.

Does anyone know when they go on sale? There used to be a dude here that would post a sale list every week.

4. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

I hope they bring back the lavender slim fit OCBD.

5. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

I bought way too many slim oxfords. No more button downs needed ever again.

2 people like this.
  7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Nil you need to double what you bought

8. Any of the current oxfords have a square hem?

9. Nil

Nil Senior member

To truly have enough for the rest of my life, perhaps. But I'm not trying to be like a victim of the Epaulet thread with a closet full of the same item in every single variation.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

True that. I have way too many uniqlo button downs, and oxfords...even getting the oxfords in different sizes and slim and regular just to cover all the bases. but hell, they are nice and i'm wearing one right now.

no brainer b/c the oxford is $29 or $19 on sale, compare that to epaulet's $150 (which I do have some too, and they are def nicer, but 5x or 7x better? likely not).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i bought 2 uniqlo slim button downs in xs to try out. did not work out as planned too big so i had to return.

nil you know you want to double your current amount.

12. choj

choj Member

Hello everyone, my first post on Styleforum.

I'm sure a similar question has been addressed somewhere in this thread but it's pretty dificult to locate it with nearly 600 pages--so I was hoping yall could help me out a little.

I've been searching for a brand that fits my body to no avail. I'm 5'8 and weigh 155 lbs. I have a normal (slender by American standards) Asian body frame but also have a slightly muscular build. My jacket size seems to be somewhere between 36 and 37. As a point of comparison, I can't even fit into J.Crew's slim fit line because while their size small fits well in the shoulder width and chest, the armhole and sleeves are way too big and loose throughout.

From what I've read, it seems like Uniqlo has relatively narrower sleeves so I wanted to give it a try. What line (slim vs others) and what size (XS vs S) do you think would best fit me?

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

you wouldn't be an XS in uniqlo. Jcrew fits big.

imo, your chest says small to me, but your height and weight says medium.

14. linstar

linstar Senior member

Definitely not a xs. I wear xs at 5'7 120 lbs. you might be a s or m judging by your stats. American brands fit big. To give you a comparison most American xs are too big for me.

15. K2793

K2793 Senior member

Anyone have experience with the new chino shorts on the site or chino shorts in the past. I have a 29" waist and the small's measurements say 31.5" waist and 12.5" thigh. The 10.5" inseam looks good but I'm surprised its so relaxed.

Is that accurate? And/or will they shrink with wash? Should I get the small or not bother

16. skrz

skrz Senior member

@Choj Small will for you just right. I have a very similar body build.

17. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

i have the chino shorts from last year

i wear 32-33 waist and the medium fit my waist well

18. CDKN2A

CDKN2A Member

Hey guys
    I'm Looking at ordering a few things from the UK Site to Australia (Via Proxy) Just wondering about the sizes
    I'm 6"3 ishh and 75Kg (Skinny build) Just wondering what size roughly for the V necks ( I'm guessing Medium for length?) , Oxfords (Possibly small for as slim fit as possible) and Outerwear (Medium?)

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
    cheers

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  19. allennat

allennat Active Member

Hi, maybe you guys could help me out again,
    So I am looking to replace my poor fitting blazers, and was thinking uniqlo is the best for my budget.
    I am trying to find out which fabric looks and feels the best,, so I can dress it up a little if needed to but mainly use as a summer blazer.
    Dry easy, dry jersey , dry light, cord lane, linen cotton, stretch cotton, wash cotton, or premium linen. .?
    Also if anyone has experience with the cordlane blazers are the stripes noticeable ? In the photo it looks solid.

Thank you

20. rabbitman

rabbitman Well-Known Member

i'd say youre a regular small, possibly a slim-fit medium but itll prob be too long. i have a similar build being 5'9 and 153lb, with a 30 waist and 37 chest. i take a small and fits great