• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the T-down collection is literally just down jackets/vests?

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with socks, they have the 4 for just under $10 deal. Add shipping and it comes out to about $17. For four socks at $4 each, are they really worth it? Wish I could avoid shipping costs given my order is small and there's nothing else I want (minus the heattech longjohns).

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So with socks, they have the 4 for just under $10 deal. Add shipping and it comes out to about $17. For four socks at $4 each, are they really worth it? Wish I could avoid shipping costs given my order is small and there's nothing else I want (minus the heattech longjohns).

I like their socks quite a bit, but I would probably still try and find more stuff....

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're ok with spending $7 on shipping, might as well spend $100 on a variety of items to get free shipping and then spend that $7 to return what you don't like.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If you're ok with spending $7 on shipping, might as well spend $100 on a variety of items to get free shipping and then spend that $7 to return what you don't like.

Except so far, their return processing sucks.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except so far, their return processing sucks.

In regards to returns, I had emailed them a couple days ago about the status of my return. They stated that once they receive the package, someone would contact me in order to verify my credit card information, and then they would process the return. Wtf? Never had a company do that before.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
still havnt gotten a return notification from the first day the store went up.

Hows the Dry Packaged T-shirt?

Last edited:

Samir

Reaction score
Picked up a dry packaged crew and v-neck when they were on sale a few months for for $2-3 and think they're pretty decent, use them mostly as undershirts. Tried some of the premium cotton v-necks that came in the 2-pack and hated them - they were really long in the body but had super short sleeves, and the v was awkwardly constructed.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Picked up a dry packaged crew and v-neck when they were on sale a few months for for $2-3 and think they're pretty decent, use them mostly as undershirts. Tried some of the premium cotton v-necks that came in the 2-pack and hated them - they were really long in the body but had super short sleeves, and the v was awkwardly constructed.

yea, those are my exact thoughts on the premium cotton ones.

badgerbrush

Reaction score

I have some of their premium cotton v-necks (as well as the dry mesh ones) and I have to say I don't mind the premium cotton Vs - I wear them as undershirts and with the deep V I can leave my top button unbuttoned and not worry about my undershirt showing through. Coming from shapeless (and shape-shifting) Hanes, it's a vast improvement.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the premium cotton Ts. They are long enough and fitted--pretty nice material too. There is no perfect T shirt, but this one is "good enough", and way better than other options in the price range or slightly higher. I don't buy $50+ Tshirts, so I can't compare to those.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the fit of the dry packaged t-shirts actually. I thought I liked the slimness of the premium cotton ones at first but I'm really not a fan of tight t-shirts as it turns out, especially in the arms. Cotton is really soft, though so I might try sizing up when they restock them and seeing how that works, since it almost seems to simply fit small all around - shoulders, chest, sleeves. The fabric on the dry fit is average/bad but it doesn't really affect appearance much. Fortunately I have a few of the normal cotton t-shirts which fit similarly (better even) but are 100% cotton, not poly/cotton blend. I just wish they would keep the shoulder and sleeve width of the dry-fit, but slim down the chest/waist a little bit. But they're not making t-shirts for me.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually think that the V on the premium cotton undershirts has great construction and has a good drop. Shouldn't the body be long if they are going to be tucked?
I have some of their premium cotton v-necks (as well as the dry mesh ones) and I have to say I don't mind the premium cotton Vs - I wear them as undershirts and with the deep V I can leave my top button unbuttoned and not worry about my undershirt showing through. Coming from shapeless (and shape-shifting) Hanes, it's a vast improvement.
+1. I just wish they weren't ribbed. It's a very fine rib though.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe they still have a $5 off 50 code SHOPNOW until Nov 30. You can probably buy a few other things to get essentially free shipping.

jd13jd13

Reaction score

Question about the ever-popular Vintage Chinos - do they ever come in any inseam besides a 34? I understand the hemming options (and just bought a (fantastic) pair of 34 inseams with the intention of hemming them out-of-pocket) but I was just curious whether they'd ever stock the online store with, say, a 31 waist, 32 inseam.

To the best of my knowledge, Uniqlo only has 34 lengths.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads