1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Wish more of the print shirts had button-down collars. Uniqlo's spread collars are pretty flimsy.

1 person likes this.
  2. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Grabbed the short sleeve dotted shirt and the andy warhol floral t.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I like it flimsy when I do not have to wear a tie. Looks nice and soft to wear under a cardigan or jacket. If you want the plastic stays does a well enough job of keeping the collar spreads straight.

When I need to wear a tie though the cheap plastic collar stays work fine. YMMV

I now have enough shirts to rotate 1.5 weeks. Now just pick up whatever I like to add into the rotation. #feelsgood

Only thing I would change is the chest pocket but I guess that comes in handy when you in a hurry or your hands are full. The styles of print are also tasteful IMO.

Warning: I did receive a shirt with 3/4 sleeve when it was apparent the photos online as well as description revealed it to be full length sleeve. Was a bit bummed because it was the medium blue stripes shirt I've been wanting to wear. Now it is not even online in my size anymore e.g. I need a 15 1/2 or 'S' http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...ref=mens-clothing/mens-tops/mens-dress-shirts

If you ask your tailor to add double darts starting at where the shoulders blades fold with the extra bit of material, the shirt fits wonderfully in my experience.

4. name

name Senior member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  5. name

name Senior member

How is the sizing of the Uniqlo slim fit goes, compared to the Levi's 511s? Same/slightly smaller/slightly larger?

The fit is also similar?

6. name

name Senior member

How the quality of the jeans sold in the US and UK compare? The UK site says Japanese denim, the US site says denim from Greece, Australia and the US (the non selvedge, cheaper jeans).

7. mjk2031

mjk2031 Member

I believe they all have the same inseam. Small is for 28-30 waists, and Medium is for 30-33.

8. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

I would go for 100% cotton personally.

9. hitormiiss

hitormiiss Well-Known Member

10. surrender

surrender Senior member

11. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Well-Known Member

With the Printed SS shirts being new, I guess they wont go on sale for $19.90 anytime soon right? I guess Ill order a couple shirts now.

12. allennat

allennat Active Member

Maybe one of you could help me out.
    I am on a very tight budget and need a few shirts for the next 3 months.

I am 5'5, 160lbs, an average build, not all fat not all muscle. I have a little bit of a beer belly.
    I used to be 145lbs, slimmer belly, and slimmer waist,

before:
    favorite pants Guess premium lincoln jeans: size 30. now I am in Levi 511 32/30s with a little extra room, a 31/30 would be perfect right now.
    favorite shirts, tailor made, to tight right now.
    store shrits: Express men 1mx fitted size small. (http://www.express.com/clothing/fitted+1mx+stretch+cotton+shirt/pro/0303885/cat1007 )
    Now the express shirts pull in the chest and in the stomach area.
    I usually wear a blazer, generally a 36S express photographer size, ( http://www.express.com/clothing/cotton+sateen+photographer+blazer/pro/6113046/cat560005 )
    This blazer now fits tight in the stomach area, but is still usable

obviously I need to lose weight but, to get me trough the next few months until I get back in shape what would you recommend as far as uniqlo sizing oxfords

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/076081-01-003

Slim fit , or regular fit, small or XS ?

I really appreciate any help I can get, and there is no Uniqlo near by otherwise I would just go try it on. '
    Thank you
    -Nate

13. scoobydrew

scoobydrew Well-Known Member

Either regular small or slim fit medium. You'll have to get the shirts hemmed/shortened most likely too.

14. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Member

I just got the slim fit oxford in medium today, didn't fit, I wish I would of thought to take a tape and measure it before boxing it back up...I'm 5'10" 163 pounds in-between a 33 - 34" waist and 38" chest. The shirt buttoned, except for the bottom button was pretty snug and if I moved my arms it pulled at the button holes. I guess I'm going to try a large slim fit and see what that's like.

15. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

Premium cotton-linen blazer fit, after tailoring:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  16. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

Excuse the poor image manipulation skills.

17. backtaro

backtaro Senior member

I'm looking for the input of Uniqlo Sweat Men Sweat Full Zip Hoodie, how is the quality? Will it last for a while before tearing out? The material is 100% cotton, which I feel very nice for a $20 hoodie.

18. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

It's pretty nice, I'd go for it

19. allennat

allennat Active Member

Those cotton blazers look just the right level of dress casual I'll have to pick up a few. Thanks for the photos

20. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I'm about the same size. 151lbs (last I checked), 5'5", 38 chest, 33 true waist, and I bought the small in the regular fit (before there was slim fit) and needed to get it taken in at the waist and darted in the back. Straight from the store the chest was pretty spot on. Sorry I can't help with the slim fits.

1 person likes this.