• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Did you get a S or M in that?
Looks like they restocked the slim fit Oxfords :slayer:

I got an S, and I have a 40" chest.

EIkK1.jpg
aHGbe.jpg

I also liked the UU easy jacket from the spring/summer collection, but I reckon that ship has sailed already. I sized down to an S on that as well.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Nice, thanks man. Good to see that the collar doesn't look as messed up as on the Canvas store. Yeah, I have the UU easy jacket in S in two colors :) Great fit.

Last edited:

Crump's Brother

Reaction score

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/072480
Anyone tried this hoodie? Measurements say 17in pit to pit on a medium...what?
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/072480
Anyone tried this hoodie? Measurements say 17in pit to pit on a medium...what?

you mean 17" shoulder width...which is pretty on par for a medium

i don't have that style number hoodie but i have three of this one:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/070579-09-004

i have been buying Uniqlo sweats since i started buying Uniqlo...i love their zip ups and live in them in the colder months

i was disappointed with the crew necks this season though...the sleeve width is really wide on them where the main part of the arm meets the base of the cuff

just checked the size chart online and it's 9.3" wide on the medium

it's 8.7" on my hoodies from this season

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Nice, thanks man. Good to see that the collar doesn't look as messed up as on the Canvas store. Yeah, I have the UU easy jacket in S in two colors :) Great fit.

Thanks!

FYI, the lining under the collar can show through a little, although I think it's possible to adjust it so it doesn't.

Fortunately, no one's going to hold a knife to your throat and force you to pop the collar like the guy on the LEC web site.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this been asked before.

How does the hidden placket shirt fit? I'm usually a Large but take a M in the Uniqlo OCBD since it's roomy.
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made...fit-fly-front-long-sleeve-shirt/074228-69-002

I know they show measurements but the OCBD is right in between M and L.

Do the twill T000's stretch a lot in the thighs? Like the cut a lot but I got biggish thighs
redface.gif
34 hips should translate to a size 33 right?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In an effort to provide some useful information in this thread, here's a brief recap of my order:

As someone else mentioned, they're not THICK, but I wouldn't toss them into the flimsy category, either. I've felt some pretty crappy flannels and these are certainly a few cuts above those. Soft hand, pretty good fit for a flannel, and really nice colors. I could see some people finding the body a bit big, but a Large really works with my upper body. I guess darting is always an option, too.

I'd advise against following the size chart on these, because it's not even close. The chest on the Large is about 21.5, which is a good several inches less than the stated measurement on the site.

Overall: Recommended for $30 and a no-brainer for the $20 special.

My two previous pairs of Uniqlo jeans became favorites of mine, so I was always bummed out that I grew out of them and they didn't seem to have similar pairs still available. These are the regular cut jeans, which would necessitate some tapering to the leg opening (8" on a 34), but for $10, I didn't have an issue with that. First impression is that both pairs feel thinner than my previous ones from 2009-10. Unfortunately, the size charts are again not too accurate. The waist is TTS, which is two inches less than stated in the size chart. Had it been accurate, they probably would have been slightly big on mine, but since I like to wear my jeans slouched and recall my older pairs not stretching much in the waist, I'll be returning both pairs. The thigh and rise measurements are also both off. The thigh on a 34 is closer to 12" and not 13". The rise is actually closer to 11" and not the crazy 9.5" stated in the size chart. Doesn't look like they're available on the site anymore, but if they pop up again, I'll likely reorder the same pairs in the next size up for more thigh and waist room.

Overall: Decent for the price, but I don't know how durable they'd be.

Got this lambswool sweater for my girlfriend. Nice darker shade of blue, which I can see working well with a pair of black skinnies or leggings. Not as soft as I was expecting, but then again, I'm not sure how soft you can expect lambswool to be. Soft enough, I suppose, and not itchy by any means. I got her an XS, but won't really know how it fits until I give it to her later.

Overall: Inexpensive and nice looking piece for your girl, who probably doesn't give a **** about luxe materials nearly as much as you do.

Elsewhere: I also bought some socks and underwear. Both seem about the same as my others I've bought before, which is to say, money well spent.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
socks - check
ultra lite down jacket - check (sized down 1, fits great)
heattech - check

perfect fit chinos - will return and buy once they go on sale
EFC shirt - same as above
lambswool sweater - eh... not really worth owning
dry packed t-shirt - people like these? :confused: went TTS and it's pretty damn big

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got this lambswool sweater for my girlfriend. Nice darker shade of blue, which I can see working well with a pair of black skinnies or leggings. Not as soft as I was expecting, but then again, I'm not sure how soft you can expect lambswool to be. Soft enough, I suppose, and not itchy by any means. I got her an XS, but won't really know how it fits until I give it to her later.
Overall: Inexpensive and nice looking piece for your girl, who probably doesn't give a **** about luxe materials nearly as much as you do.

I think women probably care more about luxe materials than men do.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No way. Even girls into fashion will happily pick through Forever, H&M, Zara, Aldo, etc.

Last edited:

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No way. Chicks will happily pick through Forever, H&M, Zara, Aldo, etc.

For real. I wonder who actually buys the stuff from the women's equivalents of the brands that we buy (or that make both M&W, for example acne). Most women I've known that care at least a little about fashion either buy a lot of thrift/vintage, or go the F21/h&m/zara/etc route ...even the women making pretty good $$.

Ironically most of the ones that go the latter route work in some sort of design field...lol

Last edited:

fishbones

Reaction score
For real. I wonder who actually buys the stuff from the women's equivalents of the brands that we buy (or that make both M&W, for example acne). Most women I've known that care at least a little about fashion either buy a lot of thrift/vintage, or go the F21/h&m/zara/etc route ...even the women making pretty good $$.
Ironically most of the ones that go the latter route work in some sort of design field...lol
From what I find, generally it's the same deal.
Of course there are the exceptions where women do dress in more higher-end designers. (As goes the same for males, since most du's you'll see on the street wear just whatever from H&M, Zara, etc...)

To be on-topic, I am fully on-board to the heattech shirts for winter.
I bought a Lambswool sweater for myself as a sort-of small impulse purchase and it's actually pretty nice. A bit coarse of course (ha), but when layered over a button-up, it's not a problem.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need more posts like APK

What jeans are those and are they online btw?

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yet another order where Uniqlo knocks it out of the park. keeping everything

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads