1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ryansmith

ryansmith Senior member

Wondering if I need one of these or not. I got their navy linen blazer last year that works great for a lightweight jacket.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

I'm wearing one of the new slim oxfords today.

I usually wear the traditional fit ones and never bothered with the slims before because I had a bit of a gut/love handles situation going on. While those are not completely gone, I'm in much better shape than I was.

I wear XS in the trad fit so I ordered XS in the slim as well. They mostly fit slimmer through the middle. The lack of box pleat contributes to this and I'm pretty sure the side seams on the slims are a bit more shaped/tapered. I'm not gonna measure em side by side because I'm lazy but the shoulder, chest, sleeves, length and neck fit very similarly to the traditional fits. I can't compare the old slim fits with the current ones because this is the first season I've bought them.

The Olive, Khaki, and Navy are rad. They look similar to the overdyed BOO fabric, I really like them a lot.

If you are thicker than desirable through the midsection, I would say the slim fits would be a poor choice, but otherwise, they're a hell of a bargain. I'll probably order a few more to keep as back ups before they sell out again.

3. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I say go for it. They're not amazing, but you're not going to do much better for $30.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The navy, green and khaki will arrive on wednesday--can report back.

Wondering if I should pull the trigger on the blue, grey and white. But not sure b/c I sized down 1 on the "grosgrain" oxfords and the slim fit in a size up have comparable measurements.

5. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

so weird, i ordered 3 new slim oxfords and some boxers last night. it accepted my credit card and shipped out this morning. i am in toronto and had it shipped to my buffalo kinek address. i was a medium in the regular oxfords so figured id size up to the large.

this morning i realized the large in the slim oxfords measurements are too big for me so i tried to order 3 more in medium. now it wont let me. i imagine it was a mistake letting a canadian credit card go through but now i cant correct it.

so im gonna have 3 large oxfords. do they shrink a lot if i dry them in the dryer instead of hang drying like i usually do? fuck.

6. jookz

jookz Well-Known Member

Small in grosgain regular fit oxfords are a bit slimmer in the chest but fit virtually the same as my slim fit medium oxfords that I bought a couple months ago. The measurements on the new slim fit oxfords are the same as the previous ones, so I assume the fit is the same as well.

7. jookz

jookz Well-Known Member

I didn't find mine to noticeably shrink at all after drying, but I do a cold wash. Maybe a hot wash + dryer might shrink them a bit? Just depends on how much larger they are than you want, really.

8. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Active Member

Can anyone testify for how these new slims compare to the flannel shirts? My Uniqlo flannel fits pretty well, but with extra fabric in the back and sleeves that are just at tiny bit too short.

9. 89andy

89andy Senior member

guys, are the slim fits oxfords only avaialble in the navy khaki and green? Or are they actually avaialble in all the other colours like the site says. I'm afraid they may be incrorectly displaying them cuz they use the same pics as the 3/4 sleeve oxfords! Someone answer quick so I can cop the shits ... fuck.

10. derv

derv Senior member

I would add that the cuffs, when buttoned, are a little loose.

11. stick

stick Senior member

Are the collars on the slim fits still wimpy?

12. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Fuck. Just accidentally dried all my black heattech leggings, which are of course sold out. Does anyone make anything similar?

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

What's wrong with them now

14. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Shrunk.

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I saw the linen blouson and thought it was kinda cool. No black though :\

16. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

Who selling the gray tasmanian wool trouser in 29??
    And navy jacket in S?

17. jet

jet Senior member

fuck it, got an order coming in tomorrow and ordered the slim fit oxfords today and the beige linen cardi so i can put this regular vs slim fit issue to bed finally next week

18. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Debating between the shawl beige linen and the shawl beige cotton/acrylic. Prefer the lighter color of the acrylic one but cotton/linen is probably a better material.

19. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

i was wondering the same

my slim fits from a couple years ago the collar is but then again, overall, the fabric is a bit lighter than any other season oxfords i've touched from uniqlo

anyone who has the slim fit earth tones or will be getting them post some pics and science, please

the size chart for them says the collar is 16.5 for a size medium :fu:

20. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

[​IMG]Four slim fits arrived today, very very pleased

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013