1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gong

gong Senior member

Are the white T-000s never coming back in stock? Can anyone proxy? I'm looking for a 29/34.

2. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

3. gong

gong Senior member

what the fuck man...

4. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

^ I've checked out all the jeans they currently have in stock.

Most are just lol bad. Damn shame, really. They would make a killing if they reintroduced the colored denim (dark grey, black, navy, burgundy), no distressed/wash BS.

5. jet

jet Senior member

I feel like uniqlo is getting worse.

Thought about sending my two unopened large oxfords back but it's almost not even worth it LOL. Don't know what to do with my opened one either.

6. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Yea I visited all 3 uniqlo's last week in NYC and the only thing I kopped were socks and briefs. Everything else seemed not even worth it. I tried on the ocbds, knits, and outerwear and honestly I'd just keep my dough and kop something better.

7. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

mellow called this a year ago... once the +J stopped Uniqlo is pretty much shit...

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

agreed, done with uniqlo

9. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

10. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

I was at the sf store last weekend and the only thing I got was a cashmere cardigan, on sale for $50. Thing is super warm and I just wear it mostly to lounge in.

Besides that, nothing interesting at all. The t-000s are pretty limited in stock. Couldn't find anything smaller than a 31 to fit me. And the newer version, as previously stated, have a waxed shine to them which looks pretty bad. They do feel substantially more rigid though. They also have a looser cut and longer rise, which addresses the issues I had with the t-000s. If they came in normal black I would of given them a chance.

11. Clyde

Clyde Senior member

I went to Uniqlo a few weeks ago for the first time and was seriously underwhelmed. Got some socks and underwear and passed on everything else.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I still think they're decent for basics. The T's aren't bad, and for a fat bloke like me the Oxfords fit pretty well.

There's not much of their stuff I want to buy - never been keen on their outerwear apart from the ridiculously reasonably priced down, but the odd things decent enough for the price,

I never really got the love for +J - quality wasn't really any higher than their otherstuff...

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

It looks like they're cutting them longer and bigger in the shoulders now so I imagine the L oxford is huge. They restocked everything though, just picked up 3 in M.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  14. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

New Oxfords in XS are something like .3" larger in shoulder and body, and they were already an inch or two too large. America, why do you make retailers hate skinny people?

T-000 change is also disappointing.

+J love is mostly from people who needed nice, basic work wardrobes that still had some elements of interest. I know I would have stocked up had I known it would be disappearing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

thanks for the heads up on the restock [​IMG]

16. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Well I'm a middle aged guy with a 42.5" chest, slightly long arms and a definite beer-gut and the L oxfords fit well after a hot wash :D

Maybe a new colab is what's needed...

1 person likes this.
  17. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Wonder if they are even going to do another big collab like +J and UU, haven't heard anything

18. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I'd be willing to bet on the next collab being on Helmut Lang or a more expansive Theory collection. It's my understanding Fast Retailing owns both, and they'd save themselves the collab fee.

19. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Wonder if they'd do Helmut Lang as a women's only collab, or for both genders

20. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Line hasn't done menswear for three years now, so I'd not expect it. Not that their womenswear has been great, either. Mostly bad knits, poor facsimiles of Rick jackets, and boring basics. J. Crew is nearly as interesting as HL nowadays