The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Bah, thought i saw $100. Try on any denim?

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Nope, I really wasn't there long, just wanted to look around. I also don't feel right about trying on things I have no intention of buying. If I was in the market for another pair jeans though, I'd definitely consider them.

*edit* I also kind of felt like a creeper hiding behind the back rack looking at the geller sales items while the two owners were in the front talking to another woman :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  3. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

4. amathew

amathew Senior member

Uniqlo online store is supposed to open soon right?

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Yes, check earlier in this thread. I think people were saying the 22nd.

6. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

Someone got a screenshot of the Uniqlo website saying it would open Oct. 22 but that image was removed from the website.

7. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

How's the fit of Uniqlo oxfords, compared to Gitman Bros. Vintage, Polo Ralph Lauren and J. Crew?

I want to buy a white oxford in small, but the shoulder seems much more wider compared to the sleeves and the size than any shirt other shirt I have.

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I sized down in my uniqlo OCBD.
    I'm usually a large at 6'3 185 lbs but Gitman Vintage large is way to boxy and short in arms and J crew is still too wide in medium and I have 41 chest. RL custom fit in M was perfect last time I tried one. Uniqlo in M fits great, even in length.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  9. thewzrd

thewzrd Member

just picked up my first blue uniqlo ocbd oxford through a proxy on this site.

my pussy rate increased dramatically, thats all i can say..

on a quest for a pink one now

thanks sf for getting me on my grown man

*edit* will the online store open 12am est?

10. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Stopped by the Uniqlo SF store this past weekend. The place seems damn small. But that's probably because when I think of a flagship Uniqlo store its usually in Asia where they have massive ones.. Went to the ones in Shanghai and Korea recently and there's just so much more stuff. Even still, I'm not sure where they'll have space to fit all the collabs in the future for SF. It's technically 4 floors, but the second floor doesn't count. First floor is more of a showroom. I remembered the DSW being much bigger at that location, so it's a little strange where all the space went.

Really glad the online store will be coming up soon, but pretty lame that its pretty much coming out when the SF store just opened (I swear Uniqlo did that so Cali residents would have to pay tax on the online store). SF store is way too small and lacking in selection. I was able to pick up a flannel on sale, but these things are ridiculously long for some reason. Also a pair of UJ jeans which fit really well. I know someones been asking for the twill jeans and it made me curious to try them, but still didn't see them in the store yet.

11. Dingusberry

Thanks for replying so fast.

Hmm, I think I am going to go for XS. But how thick and soft is the fabrics?
    Is the quality much better than J. Crew or RL's shirts?

12. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

I've had great results with a RL Custom fit I picked up in a thrift store. One of the best fitting garments I own. Size small fits well, almost perfect actually.

13. Dingusberry

Really? I don't think my custom fit RL OCBD from ebay is slim enough for me. It's pretty wide around the waist and the length of the shirt is longer than any "sport" shirt I own.

I haven't tried the European slim fit, but I think it fits me better than the custom fit in size small.

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

My small Uniqlo oxford is somwhere between a Gitman Small and Medium. Almost fits perfect.

15. DiglettDigs

DiglettDigs Member

gitman vintage xs fits me perfectly. uniqlo and j. crew xs fit around the same. they're bigger than the gitman vintage xs in everything including p2p, s2s, back length, sleeve length. j. crew slim fit is between gitman vintage and uniqlo/j. crew regular fit.