1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Anyone tried the Theory down jackets? Hows the sizing? Possible to go down one?

2. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

on the contrary, I quite like the tennis/cricket sweater (bought one in navy today)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Wow I didn't know this. Thanks.

4. jet

jet Senior member

Love you guys.

Got some beater chinos and was worried about the 32 slims turns out they fit perfectly. Just need to get them hemmed, anyone have their their tailor add cuffs?

Just going to order a few of the new oxfords in large, I really hope they do a lavendar again in the new cut. Used to have a boo one in 06 which I sold but I fucking loved that color.

May just throw in a cotton cashmere cardi for the lulz because of homie's review.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I had cuffs added on my tas pants and a few other wool pants from uniqlo.

Good point. Threw Suddenlee an email and they were able to get me the sold out colors in oxfords. They are a great service, sorta miss using them :p

6. Left Hand

Left Hand Senior member

Could someone post a fit pic of an oxford shirt? I'm trying to see how long they are if I want to wear them untucked. I'm hoping they aren't like dress shirt long.

7. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

They're fairly short. XS works for me untucked and I'm 5'6".

8. leeba

leeba Senior member

New oxfords (with colored trim at shirt) fit wayyy better - more spacious in shoulders/chest and not as retardedly long. Arms still short though..at least for me in an S

9. jet

jet Senior member

how does fitting way better correlate to more spacious? wouldn't that be quite the opposite since people are looking for a slim fit or are you talking about the proportions

10. Left Hand

Left Hand Senior member

Last two posts before jet are confusing me. Judging by the measurements the sleeves would be long and so would the length. if you're 5'6 and it works untucked I night have to go up to an S. I'm also confused by the better fit = more spacious.
    If I didn't have to use a UK proxy and could just order both and return what didn't fit this wouldn't be a problem. Frustrating because I know they'll restock after I pay double for them.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

just did some flying in a uniqlo oxford, vintage chinos, and uniqlo socks

12. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

How's the fit on the Vintage Chinos?

13. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

I love the fit of the vintage chinos. IMO they are between a classic fit and slim fit but aren't a relaxed fit. my size 32 has a 8 inch leg opening and around a 12 inch thigh. I got mine hemmed but honestly I wouldln't do that again and would just double cuff next time. I wish they were a little more tapered but I just wear them with chunkier footwear to compensate for the larger leg opening.

14. leeba

leeba Senior member

My bad, should've been more specific. They fit way better on me, and I think the proportions are better in general. The new ones with the colored trim along the inside of the collars are slightly roomier in the chest/shoulders/back but remain nice and slim through the body (possibly ever so slightly looser but idk it just seemed like a more flattering fit). I was still just barely cutting an S due to the still-slightly-too-narrow shoulders + still-too-short sleeves. Still though, the new oxfords in S were a lot better/closer to an ideal fit than the old ones for me. (5'9, 155, 39" chest, 30" waist)

Also disclaimer I'm comparing these to the Oxfords that were available last SS ('12) dunno if they changed anything inbetween interations. For those ones, I just copped M's and had them super tailored in the body and I'm pretty happy with the fit. Obviously the new ones in S were tighter in chest/shoulders/back/sleeves, a little tight for my taste but probably what some people here like

15. jet

jet Senior member

Fuck was just about to order larges now you're telling me you're a 39 and a small, something doesn't add up. It sounds like I'm a medium in these fuckers.

16. leeba

leeba Senior member

Eh, just order one of each? I might not be a legit 39 anymore I don't know, lost some weight the past couple weeks lol just do it man don't stress over these things

17. jet

jet Senior member

i would but they don't have any colors in the medium brosef :foo:

18. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Anyone proxy from the London/UK stores? Looking one of the stretch down jackets which is sold out on the website...

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

The vintage chinos are pretty darn slim on me. I feel like they are much slimmer now than 3+ years ago. It depends on how developed your legs are. I'm 5'7 178lbs and wear a size 33, i hem them for a clean break. I don't know how I feel about the current seasons olive colive, it is very uhm olive.

20. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member