1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I got a large in the sweatpants.. sorta think they are too baggy

2. andrewsd

andrewsd Senior member

would an S fit me in the slim fit oxford? 5'9'' ~35.5 chest, 145 lbs ~16.5 shoulders usually or should i wait for xs?

small in efm sweaters/t shirts if that helps, xs in blazers

3. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I'm about your size and I wear a xs in the regular Oxford, not sure about the slim fit ones.

1 person likes this.
  4. asdsime

asdsime Active Member

Uniqlo sizing sounds big... 5"9 145lbs and wearing only XS? I'm 5"7 and 132lbs... That means the XS stuff I ordered will not fit me...:brick:

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm 5'7 175lbs and wear a medium.

6. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Height/weight isn't all that helpful, need chest measurement for a top. I'm 5'10 145-150 and take a medium in slim fit but i have a 39 chest.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

8. leeba

leeba Senior member

Was in store at the Shanghai Uniqlo flagship today. They were out of Navy tasmanian wool suits in my size along with herringbone slim perfect cargoes unfortunately. Saw the sweats but honestly would rather get H&M sweats that taper more. Wanted to pick up a stretch down jacket...but not at full price. Everything UU is on sale and they have loads of it.

Walked out with a floral print shirt (they also have some that aren't on the U.S. website I think), slim fit navy polka dot shirt, and UU cargo-trouser things (in grey wool) I didn't know existed. Floral print shirt might be going back tomorrow because it doesn't fit that well and I'm not sure I like the pattern that much/might want to get a different pattern.

re:sizing:
    5'9' ,155 =
    -asian large in the slim fit dress shirts (navy polkadot) 39.5" chest, it's borderline snug and also small in the shoulder area.
    -asian large as well in the normal shirts (floral print) but they're loose/unflattering in the body and a little bit large in the shoulder area.
    -both are way too long for unbuttoned shirts IMO, gonna have to get them shortened probably

Just can't win. [​IMG]

Also - wtf they're completely out of t shirts. I WANT T SHIRTS
    Going back at some point to check out slim fit oxfords vs regular oxfords and maybe hit up other stores to try and find a navy suit in my size/cargoes in my size.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Anyone else notice that Uniqlo shirts continue to shrink in the length over time? I feel like all my shirts gradually get shorter to about where they should be, they are way too long when i buy them.

10. slstr

slstr Senior member

Yeah I've noticed that too, at first my shirt was way too long but now it's the best fitting shirt I own. Just hope it doesn't continue to shrink, hah.

11. jet

jet Senior member

Luckily they don't have any slim oxfords in stock because I still don't know what fucking size I'd be.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think a medium would pull in the chest for you Jet. Hard to tell though, a medium regular fit for me fits the way I like it with a 39" chest. They will never be in stock again tho, the way it's looking.

Yea def, just compared a flannel that I've washed 3x to one that I just washed. About a 2" difference in length.

13. jet

jet Senior member

40-40.5" chest here, 5'11"

if they ever come off galactic backorder I'm just going to order like 4 of each size and fit :lol:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

fwiw i just washed the new oxfords and they came out looking nice, got a decent collar roll too. I sorta like the colored piping under the collar too.

15. jet

jet Senior member

measure the p2p for me son

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

18. jet

jet Senior member

ya I need 21.5 thks mayne

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Np, slim large might be good

1 person likes this.
  20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I picked up a purple one dunno what fit but it's relatively slim, p2p at 20.75 or so for me and just a hint of collar roll