The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

uu sweats are incredible, thinking of ordering another pair. I bought the uu cargo pants...now I'm not sure what to do with them. Maybe I'll taper them a bit more.

the tasmania wool trousers that I always see toasty wear are nice as well considering their $40 sale price.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

they need to make more colors

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Thanks dude. Was a little worried about the waist since S tag says 27-30 waist.

4. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

yes, a medium blue or light grey would be perfect.

oh, i bought one of their merino sweaters as well and it sucks. really thin, doesn't feel great, even at $20 or w/e it's still a bit disappointing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

merino as in extra fine? I like those compared to the lambswool even those the latter is thicker. Extra fine merino sweater hugs the body better I think if sized right.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

invest in epicurean knits

7. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I'm going to order so much stuff once the online store opens. I'm guessing early Oct since they said "very very soon" in the facebook post.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I just cannot find myself rotating between baller knits for work purposes.

So, there needs to be a fine line between quality/style as well as durability and quantity. I much prefer the boring Uniqlo for everyday wear. Then, bust out the SS et al when I'm heading out somewhere.

If you guys want jet's baller knit list, i got it fyi.

9. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Totally agree. I hate wearing baller knits to work and worrying messing them up. I got blue pen on a $1200 Cucinelli knit not long ago and was not happy.

I usually just wear ervell, jcrew, uniqlo type stuff to work. It looks decent and I don't have to sweat messing it up.

10. APK

APK Senior member

Where are you guys working that you need to worry more about "messing up" your knits than you would going out on the town or hanging out at home? Construction sites?

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I work in construction, dude

12. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Good point. I sit at a desk all day so really the only hazards are pens, coffee spills, or snags on my chair/desk. I did rip open a pair of DH jeans the first time I wore them on a filing cabinet one time. That said, I think of it as I don't care as much about what I wear to work as apposed to when I go out.

Realistically, I have ruined many more pieces out at bars than I have at work. I usually just care less when it happens when I'm out because I'm usually drunk.

13. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

I stopped by a couple of the NYC stores this weekend looking for the tweed sport coat that's on their website. Not only could I not find one, but the people I asked who worked there acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Has anybody seen one in the last few months? Leftover on the website from an old collection that's now sold out? Fall/winter item that hasn't hit stores yet?

I picked up the cotton trench coat on sale for $70 while I was there. Great deal, if I can get over the fact that the length below the belt sort of screams "mini skirt."

14. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

You mean the $99 blazer that comes in Olive and Dark Gray? I also had my eye on this, but it doesn't appear on the UK site (they seem to feature stuff before the US). So yeah, might be a left-over from last year. If you feel motivated, you might drop a line to Suddenlee's customer service. They have a pretty good handle on what's in stock at the NYC stores.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

well said