The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Jokez

Jokez Member

Thanks for the pics! Didn't think I'd buy anything besides basics but I'm re-thinking buying a bunch of stuff, the parka and down jacket especially. T_T

Are the UU s/s tees thinner cotton, compared to the regular Uniqlo tees, like the last season?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

2. zachinthebox

zachinthebox Active Member

No problem but yeah, the microfleece hoodie is bad. The fabric is paper-thin and both this and the bulky fleece jacket have these terrible elastic bands at the wrists.

Again, no problem. The parka and down jacket are really great, especially for their prices, $200 and $170, respectively. And yes, the fabric is a thinner cotton compared to the regular Uniqlo tees, just like UU S/S. Not a really good choice for a F/W t-shirt, long-sleeve or short-sleeve.

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

4. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

Zach, what did you think about the quality of the long sleeve crew neck?

5. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

[​IMG]

i thought this was black on black but it looks black on navy.. confirmation?

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

nice, thanks for this!

did you see the cardigans? If so, do you know how thick/thin they were? I tried out the cardigan from the previous UU collection and it was really thin and fit very awkwardly. I may just get the regular uniqlo lambswool one, but the black/navy UU one looks cool.

I dig the navy shirt jacket thing and the padded jacket

7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

i found the cardigans exactly as you say, thin and awkward-fitting. peacoats fit nicely but looked a bit cheap in terms of fabric and construction. the wool-blend jacket was the best piece (but note, fit is much smaller than the sweatshirt jacket from the last collection). overall very disappointing i thought

8. zachinthebox

zachinthebox Active Member

They're alright. [​IMG]

As you can see, it's pretty much a scoop neck with the same textured cotton fabric as last season. Slim fit but the wrists don't taper (you can see them sort of hanging off my wrist). Nice, but really thin for a F/W long sleeve.

Shitty Uniqlo fitting room lighting + iphone camera = fucked up colors. The fleece is black, the accents are more of a dark grey.

The cardigans were one of the three items I didn't try on (along with the skinny jeans and the regular wool blend pants). From what I saw though, they looked very thin. I'd say go with the uniqlo lambswool one, it should at least keep you warm.

9. max_r

max_r Senior member

cool, cool.

ok i have one more question to bug you with if you dont mind...

How did the warm lite padded jacket/blazer fit? Like does it fit slim, or boxy?

The more I see it the more I like it, but I'm always between small and medium in uniqlo stuff. I figure I may just order both and return the one that doesn't fit.

10. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I also went to the opening today. My thoughts on a few items that caught my eye:

Wool Blended Jacket + Pants: I thought these were pretty decent quality, a step above from last season's Easy Jacket and Pants. Material is definitely a bit coarse, but both the jacket and pants are very warm. The stretch of the pants is a nice touch; think of it as a combo of wool pants meets sweats. This is ideal for aspiring Yohji-ists like myself. Just need that Women's black capeline hat to complete the look.

Slim Fit Corduroy Jeans: I'm relatively skinny and in a size 30 of these, I thought it fit well. Dark gray looks best here.

Bulky Fleece Jacket: First impression of this was "yeah, no." There was no subsequent trying on. Recommendation: Stay away.

Premium Down Jacket: Very nice. I really liked the olive colorway. But for $170, you can get this instead:

[​IMG]

Women's Wool Blended Coat: Wait, let me step back. SF, stay away from this, so I can swoop in on this and laugh at all the females who passed this by. No, but seriously, all-year piece. As I looked at myself with this on (sized up one to Small; gray colorway), my mind was telling me yes, but my SF-influenced mind wondered if I would get strange looks for wearing a women's piece. After some indecision, I tried this on instead:

[​IMG]

Utility Coat: Best piece out of the entire UU collab line, by far. Really warm. Removable fur and padded lining. XS fit me perfectly and hit right at my knees. I'm on a college student budget and already have a similar parka, so I had to regretfully pass on this. However, I did manage to snag these:

[​IMG]

Sweatpants: No-joke thick quality. Best fitting sweats (sized up to M for baggier fit). Zipper pockets are so clutch. Don't worry about that tuxedo stripe on the sides.

Heavy Flannel Shirt Jacket: Solid layering piece for the winter. Corduroy details as mentioned by others. These got copped the quickest, I believe. Parkas sat there for a while and only a few of these were left. Looks best in Navy (to me, at least).

=-=-=-=

Solid collection. Everything else (cardigans, Warm Padded Jacket [don't know why people are going for this; quality is laughable at best]) got a pass by me simply from a quick look and touch. Once again, women's line > men's. Now, about that Women's Wool Coat...

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

ordered the sweats in in M, might have to send em back for a L if the sizing is as you guys are saying. or is anoyne interested in em? i had a suddenlee credit, so they'd be like $42 shipped, grey M.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Uniqlo in San Francisco suckers

13. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

Echoing the comments already made about the Utility Coat/Parka. It's a great jacket, the quality is good for the price point. It may be deemed expensive for Uniqlo, but it's definitely worth the price tag. It's certainly my stand out piece from the collection.

14. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

15. click here

click here Senior member

What is the catch?