The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

muji is still pretty good, just not enough variety and fits are sometimes too boxy

I like muji, but the cuts in the US are enormous. I tried on a few muji shirts in japan and that cut was much better.

2. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

Matt, did you just call them to place your order? I've only ever bought from them directly at their store in NY, but I'm out of town for the next few months. I've been having trouble getting ahold of anyone there.

Thanks

I called my order in. But the whole process takes patience.

Ask to be connected with "customer orders" (I called to Soho store directly). You might want to ask for Roger or Lauren in that department (both were very cool helping with my order).

A few tips: before calling, go through the site and jot down the items you want (even item numbers). When you finally reach someone (expect to be put on hold a few times and even disconnected), they'll check what's in stock and get back to you for the actual purchase. But here's where the fun starts; you might not hear back for a few days. In fairness, they're always swamped, so you might have to try back a few times about your order.

On my last order, they very prompt. I was able to reach someone pretty quickly, they found what I wanted and shipped it out. So maybe they're more on top of things. Good luck!

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like muji, but the cuts in the US are enormous. I tried on a few muji shirts in japan and that cut was much better.

They're definitely something to try in person. Some stuff is really slim, other stuff seems like it was made for the average American. Still have a shirt that I never wore because I figured that size M wouldn't mean that it would have a 25" p2p.

4. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

I called my order in. But the whole process takes patience.

Ask to be connected with "customer orders" (I called to Soho store directly). You might want to ask for Roger or Lauren in that department (both were very cool helping with my order).

A few tips: before calling, go through the site and jot down the items you want (even item numbers). When you finally reach someone (expect to be put on hold a few times and even disconnected), they'll check what's in stock and get back to you for the actual purchase. But here's where the fun starts; you might not hear back for a few days. In fairness, they're always swamped, so you might have to try back a few times about your order.

On my last order, they very prompt. I was able to reach someone pretty quickly, they found what I wanted and shipped it out. So maybe they're more on top of things. Good luck!

Thanks Matt, I'll give it a shot.

5. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Yeah, Uniqlo is slipping a bit, but for $25 I can get a decent Oxford shirt that I'll wear for a few months to work and then retire to weekend wear. I wouldn't buy much anything else from Uniqlo, but I never did before either.

Who's closest on price/quality/fit to Uniqlo? J.Crew's oxfords are $70.

6. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Senior member

Can I just confirm that the Japan Denim selvedge jeans are raw? Ie, should I size down significantly to ensure proper sizing once it's stretched?

7. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

Yeah it's raw. Uh, I would size down 2 from normal because it does stretch.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

for those of you in NYC and need beaters camicissima has 4 shirts for $100. Wide selection too. They've replaced uniqlo as my go-to work oxford.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

for those of you in NYC and need beaters camicissima has 4 shirts for $100. Wide selection too. They've replaced uniqlo as my go-to work oxford.
    Do they have slim/atletic fit stuff? I will hit them up, I need some stuff

10. alwaysbrokendwn

alwaysbrokendwn Member

how do you guys pay when ordering through email? Give them the credit card info?

11. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

What are the best pieces out of the Uniqlo spring/summer collections?

Will they still be selling the heat tech products in February?

12. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ I honestly think there's nothing cop-worthy besides the $20 shorts (which will probably be $25 this S/S). Everything else is ehh. Note: Please refrain from buying Uniqlo selvage denim. The only denim you should buy from Uniqlo is the T-000/S-001 ($30-40 range).

13. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Thanks, I will check them out next week.

14. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

definitely coppign royal blue +j parka.

15. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

definitely coppign royal blue +j parka.

Would definitely cop, but this in olive green is going to be my next outerwear piece:

[​IMG]