1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ironduke

ironduke Senior member

UU shirts or that. Note that Uniqlo has one neck size/sleeve length per chest size, so you should check the measurements before buying unless you interested in inexpensive but poorly fitting shirts.

2. negrusarticulus

negrusarticulus New Member

How would you all rate their polos and sweaters in terms of quality? Obviously, I'm not expecting top of the line but just something decent enough to hold up for a few months. I'm awaiting the online store to open, since I'm out of the market area, but have heard decent things about their clothing.

Also in terms of sizing, do you find their items and such to run small/long? I know their supposed to be somewhat slim fitting. I'm about 5'9", 165-170lbs, athletic build (upperbody particularly), 37.5 inch chest, 31-32 inch waist and always am stuck between a small and medium. I notice their sizing chart has small for up to a 38" chest but I'm somewhat apprehensive about going crazy and ordering then find out it's insanely snug or too long.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

fits will vary between garment types, but based on your stats you're probably a Medium

4. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

online store gonna go up on the 22nd according to the email i got

5. scootypuff

scootypuff Well-Known Member

I'm about the same build as you. Medium runs long in both the arm and body for me. Small fits better in terms of length but chest can be quite fitted almost, but not yet, to the point where the shirt tugs on the buttons.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

FUCK THATS SO SOOON. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF CAN"T WAIT

love you suddenlee, but lol

I really hope they keep the site mad updated.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Can use Suddenlee for other stuff still, like sample sales.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Like other company sample sales? I never thought about that.. although I don't follow the fashion world close enough anymore to know what pieces / when.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

They aren't a Uniqlo-only proxy... they proxy anything in the NY area.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Pretty much all I buy is Uniqlo clothes. Other than the occasional purchase from The Curatory here in Raleigh.

11. jet

jet Senior member

finally, bout to cop me a smoking bubble jacket and a couple lambswool cardis LOL

actually pissed they opened sf location bc now I gotta pay tax

glad I don't have to wait in line with a bunch of asian tourists too

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  12. flashkobalt

flashkobalt Senior member

I think someone asked about the chinos a few pages back...

Have to say that the slim chinos fit is perfect (for me)...Fitted across hip, no pocket flare, slim thighs, good taper to 7.5 inch leg opening. I have had trousers made with better fabrics, but for the price and the fit, extremely happy with these.

*Note - I do possess the chicken-leg trifecta of ghetto-booty/thunder thigh/scrawny calves.

13. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

Any opinions/experiences on these wool blended jackets? The navy is a "Tasmanian Wool" slim fit.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Hoping these make it onto the e-commerce store.

14. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

15. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

I've heard about this place. What do they carry there? I'm about 20 mins from Raleigh.

16. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

need us online store asap
    need that knit

17. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

Are there any japanese domestic market only uniqlo items? If so can some one link me to some info? Thanks!

18. lineate

lineate Senior member

Mate - sorry to disappoint you but I scoped it out at the Oxford Street shop yesterday and it's not as good as it seems. The weave is really loose, you can see through it.

I bought this one instead - which is kind of more boring but has a better construction and useful pockets: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/073559#colorSelect

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

It's pretty nice. They carry Raleigh denim because they make it in the warehouse in the back.. which reminds me I need to pick up my new jeans. They stock brands like Gitman Vintage, Robert Geller, Band of Outsiders, and some other random brands. It's very small and the stock is limited, but I will say that the dude who picks out the items to stock has a good taste. I try not to go in there much, cause when I do I'm usually out $500.

BTW if you are a size 50 jacket they have a Robert Geller sweat jacket there for $100. It's the really awesome one from last season.. wish it fit me..

20. jet

jet Senior member

This looks good too.