• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArsenalDan
What happened to the oxfords?! I have a couple from a year or two back that are go-to shirts for me...with some tapering from the tailor they fit very well. Tried on a shirt at the store a week or so back and the fit was terrible, wayyy too big. And I know I can't go with their slim fit oxfords, as they are way too slim for me.
confused.gif

Go with slim oxfords and size up one, then take them to a tailor for darting the back. Worked out for me, AND no trex arms!

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swung by the store today.

And wow, remember those crewneck sweaters that went for $20 each? They were my go-to Buzz Rickson lookalikes, but holy ****, have they changed.

These 2011 crewneck sweaters jumped up to $25 each, while the quality feels so cheap. The previous crewneck sweaters were mid-weight and decent/heavy. These new ones are horrendous and feel like 2 long-sleeves glued together.

The full force is in; Uniqlo is dropping quality and increasing prices. The way I see it, if you like the oxfords, you might as well grab some now at $25 each before they make it paper thin and $30.

Cheese1

Reaction score
So what's going to replace uniqlo as everyone's go to store? :/

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I feel too dirty shopping at H&M for basics, maybe just go 100% custom.
confused.gif

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym

And wow, remember those crewneck sweaters that went for $20 each? They were my go-to Buzz Rickson lookalikes, but holy ****, have they changed.

These 2011 crewneck sweaters jumped up to $25 each, while the quality feels so cheap. The previous crewneck sweaters were mid-weight and decent/heavy. These new ones are horrendous and feel like 2 long-sleeves glued together.

The full force is in; Uniqlo is dropping quality and increasing prices. The way I see it, if you like the oxfords, you might as well grab some now at $25 each before they make it paper thin and $30.

Sad to hear that. I have a grey one that I had proxied a few years ago and it's great. The site lists it as Light Sweat. Maybe they'll do a heavier version for next fall

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly I think the quality is getting closer what the price actually is. the quality used to be abnormally great compared to the price, but now the quality is starting to reflect the actual price. Still much better than anywhere else in its price range, imo.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Go with slim oxfords and size up one, then take them to a tailor for darting the back. Worked out for me, AND no trex arms!

Good call, thanks! [don't think they have any in stock right now, but when they do...]

ADDIC

Reaction score
Plan on ordering online (US) but I'm unsure about which size to get.

I plan on getting a
Sweat Full Zip Hoodie
Heattech Crew Neck Long Sleeve T Shirt
and possibly a Light Sweat Long Shirt

I'm thinking I should go Medium for the hoodie and crewneck sweater since I have a medium H&M hoodie and wear medium in AA baby rib fitted shirts.

not sure about the heattech shirt though. because i'm a small in AA thermals.

anyone have any input?

*edit: true waist size is 30 (if that matters)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
They stopped selling the hoodie I wanted...and they were definitely still selling it when I emailed them to try to place an order over a month ago.
ffffuuuu.gif
You know, the one that was kind of a W+H knock-off.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a few cheap basics.

How are the current long sleeve T's?
How are the current oxfords?

Anyone handled the new chambray shirts?

Any comparison on quality of these compared with Muji's current offereings (both are going to be on-line purchases due to lack of local stores)?

Thanks in advance.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

are these the new washable sweaters?

herzzreh

Reaction score
What's the verdict on T000's? Do they stretch? How about the MiJ raws? I have ones in 28, they're bit snug.. not sure if I should sell them or wait for them to stretch out - they will need at least an inch in the waist to be comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads