The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

WTF

The price levels are hardly that different. If the difference between the two is that great to you, you probably shouldnt be here.

If the only thing going for this stuff is price, then whats the point in buying any of it?

2. istasi

istasi Senior member

CoS is pretty cool. UU is pretty cool.

We cool?

3. APK

APK Senior member

They have a point. Most people seemed really underwhelmed when the collection finally dropped, but now people are tripping over themselves to get their hands on it because the stuff has been discounted. I didn't much like anything other than the hidden placket shirts and the L/S shirts. I'll probably eventually grab a couple of each, but the rest remains of no interest to me, slashed prices or not. To each their own, but there's a real aura of bargain hunters in this thread the last week.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

this really goes beyond quality for price that Razele is trying to point out, this is the underlying SF group think that if it is heavily discounted, I better buy it now

How hard is that to understand? Has nothing to do with quality or price, everything to do with marketing

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Stop being a douche. Some people in here can't afford the more expensive stuff and buy this stuff instead. It's not like you can find certain items in this collection (like the riders jacket) everywhere.

6. APK

APK Senior member

I think his main point was that the discounted prices are causing some people to buy items they would ordinarily pass on. I don't have a lot of extra cash to throw at my wardrobe, so I understand where you're coming from. But I also know that I've tried to cheap out on some things and buy items that I wasn't crazy about because they were priced well. Those are almost always the things I end up not wearing much or at all. You hold back on enough of those types of buys and you eventually have enough cash to plunk down on stuff you really DO want.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Remember the Affordable Swag Thread? People are just trying to be reasonable.

Also @ toasty and razele please remember that this thread has a lot of different users; you can't just generalize everyone as cheap group thinkers.

edit:
    This x 1000000.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

8. acularw

acularw Senior member

How about the fact that there are a ton of people that read SF. Just because a vocal portion of readers didn't like the stuff when it was released and now a (probably mostly different) portion of readers are gobbling up pieces on sale doesn't mean anything. I swear, people assign SF group think to all sorts of things when really a lot of the time it doesn't apply. Now if all of the people that decried the collection initially were buying it now then that would be different, but I would be shocked if this was the case.

For example, I never really paid much attention to Uniqlo items before since I live in the midwest and I never went through the hassle of looking for a proxy. Now that I am aware of Suddenlee I thought this was a perfect time to get some cheap basics.

9. Samir

Samir Senior member

I tried out two regular Uniqlo oxfords when they went on sale a few weeks ago and was pretty happy with the fit. People posted separately that there were nicer buttondowns available (from the regular collection) and that the UU oxfords were better quality - as both shirt styles were on sale this week, I placed an order with Suddenlee. Not sure how that isn't judging the quality for price. /kanyeshrug

It seems like most people in this thread who bought UU stuff this week have already bought items from Uniqlo's regular collection already, so I'm not sure how much sense your argument makes.

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Ding ding ding ding

Infinite points to APK and Ceo!

Timbaland your a tard, if you actually like UU then kop away, but it just seems to me most people are kopping because its cheap crap not because they love Takahashi's design vision

Acularw this is totally SF SW&D groupthink big time

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

i bought the two pieces i bought because they looked interested. i liked the look of the raglan sleeve oxford, i liked the color and i liked the easy pants. woah oh oh!

also if i wanted to buy knock off boring designer shit id just buy asos, not CoS

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

Teger you have great opinions sometimes but you pretty much fall into the " I want cheap shit " group so your opinion here is pretty much invalid

IMO I dont think CoS is ment to be rip off garbage, one of the reasons I like it

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

it's not that i 'want' cheap shit, it's that 'i have no choice but to buy' cheap shit. what you're really saying is 'why would you buy uniqlo instead of xyz?' and the answer is two-fold: yes cost is important, but i also objectively prefer the uniqlo aesthetic to a lot of other brands. i bought the uu shit becuase i like it, and i probably would've bought it at full price too.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Cheap UU works for me. Wanted a cheap jersey blazer and I don't want to pay $300 for a W+H one. Hooded blouson will replace an old H&M jacket. Cropped chinos for fun.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

am i cheap too Razele?

I want to get my hands on your closet but the last time I looked through your B/S, everything was at least 1-2 sizes too big.

i think Teger makes only 1 good point is that you need to be more objective when shopping around.

after i posted that photo of the easy jacket i bet 10+ people decided to buy it lol

hype <=> marketing.