Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jsoo24

jsoo24 Senior member

since suddenlee didnt work out for me, looking for a proxy as well. willing to pay suddenlee-like fees. PM me please

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Suddenlee is great.

Put in the discount price, or if you are not sure, follow up with your order stating that you are aware of the discounted prices.

Your final charge on your CC or checking account will be based on the discounted total + shipping and handling charges.

Erica and her team are great to deal with and I have ordered a dozen times now with 100+ emails back and forth.

If you put in your order after the deadline 3PM EST on Sunday of every week, chances are you will not be guaranteed the promo prices.

To be safe, your best bet is to put in an order through their services Saturday.

Best,

Full disclosure: I am sure they are pretty busy now after getting so much exposure here on Styleforum et al TBH so be patient and make sure to follow up in a good manner.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If anyone wants to trade a size small cropped pants for my medium in grey hit me up.

4. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

anyone know if there's new colors of the oxford shirts in? I have a lavender, light blue, and gray. Looking to add more but not sure if they release different colors ever.

5. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

I'm glad Suddenlee exists and overall they provide OK service, but they've been pretty hit or miss for me. I've placed three orders through them so far and only one of them went off without a hitch. First order I placed they just...forgot to tell me that my order had shipped, until I emailed them asking wtf. And then when it arrived I discovered they just...forgot to buy one of the items I'd ordered, despite charging me for it. They promptly sorted it out once I informed them of the mistake, but still that shit shouldn't happen. Second order went off without a hitch, time between placing it and it shipping out was like 3 hours. Latest order was early Thursday afternoon for some UU stuff. Didn't hear anything from them about the status of the order until late Friday evening (they couldn't find one of the items and needed me to advise on how to proceed), and to my knowledge they still haven't completed it.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

You need to be on top of it and follow up as I stated.
    Build rapport with your SA ..

That and you need be pretty patient. If you do not live anywhere remotely close to a Uniqlo store, I don't see how you're in a rush anyways as without them, you probably would have to rely on a forum member to pickup stuff, which IMHO is not as reliable and secure.

Slip ups happen but they are always there to amend them promptly.

Just FYI, you are not the only one competing to pickup UU during promo pricing so it can be hectic for everyone.

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Wine Blouson is all gone in XS. They said they couldn't find it for ANYONE. Got the Navy instead.

Easy Jacket in gray, XS.

Cropped Chinos in Navy, S.

Short sleeve Ts won't be in stock until next weekend. Might have GF pick me up some stuff next week when she visits NYC.

All three of my orders have gone pretty well. I just email the next day to follow up and they get back to me pretty quickly, along with alternatives to things that are OOS.

8. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

I'm sorry, what? I shouldn't have to be on top of anything. I'm paying them to perform a service, they should be able to perform it as promised without me badgering them. Their website explicitly says that they will email by 5PM to verify the status of any order placed by 3PM. They've failed to do that simple, basic task two out of three times for me. And if they can't handle a minor surge in orders due to a Uniqlo sale...that says really bad things about their business. I mean, I am being patient with them - if I were so inclined I would be justified in asking for a service fee refund on my UU order, but I'm not doing so at this point - but they need to sort this shit out.

9. anonymouz

anonymouz Senior member

There's also pink and white but no new colors. There's orange if you want short sleeves.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

You're not entitled to anything

And for this specific promo, the surge in orders is not what they expected as I clearly stated that Suddenlee may perhaps be experiencing a high order volume due to the extra exposure by many sites including this prominent one i.e. SF

FWIW they are a new service and operating < 1 year. You set your bars too high but not new for expectations of SF members. :foo:

If you do not care to check on your order why are you so worried then? Just sit and wait for it to arrive then follow up if everything shipped as expected or not.

I hope you are saying 'thank you' after all your dialogues between the SA's

tl;dr I don't see the point of you ranting if you truly didn't care about following up on your order. It doesn't hurt to shoot an email over and ask for an update. It'll probably help them out

11. javy

javy Senior member

Will the UU stuff that is sold out come back into stock before the season is over? If so, will there be another sale later on?

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

seriously this isn't that hard.

when you use the suddenlee web app to purchase shit, simply change the price to the discounted price and add 'please don't purchase unless on sale' to the comment box.

the suddenlee people are great, i wanted to buy a wool topcoat a few months ago and it was sold out, and they emailed me a month later saying it came back in and they'd be happy to pick it up for me if i wanted it at a further discounted price.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

My theory is that they will restock it throughout S/S with the rest of the collection coming in next week.

And as F/W rolls through, S/S will be discounted again throughout the months until stock is sold out the rest is taken somewhere else [Asia warehouse/discount market?]

I personally haven't picked up any UU yet and not sure if I will. Maybe just the short sleeve tee's for summer when it gets warmer.

14. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Are you just trolling or something? All I'm saying is that their service is far from perfect (at least in my experience) and that they have a ways to go. I don't know where you're getting these mischaracterizations of my posts from.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Noctone has his point. This is no volunteer but a paid service. If they said they would do x for $y, they need to do it. Suddenlee is a great service and I am a content customer since the beginning but it does not mean that. Suddenlee should not be criticized for its shortcomings