• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

.Impulsv

Reaction score

Just bought an Uniqlo Trench coat second hand.
Could anyone help me in figuring out the year and possible retail for it?
It is 100% polyester.
Thanks!
IMAG1310.jpg

If it's polyester, it's a couple years old. In the last few seasons, Uniqlo trenches have been 100% cotton.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Uniqlo still has the Black T-000 in size 29-30?? Interested in buying at least 1 more pair to replace my old ones!

druffs

Reaction score
Can someone help me with the suddenlee proxy for UNIQLO? I went on their website but could not find the link for UNIQLO purchases.
http://suddenlee.com/Shop-Name.asp

it's not listed on the site because uniqlo asked them to stop advertising it, but just use the "bookmarklet" the same you would with any site. they definitely still do proxy for uniqlo.

Last edited:

druffs

Reaction score
how much shrinkage is there when washing the oxfords that were $14.90 on promotion a few weeks ago?
i got a small and medium and haven't decided which to keep

also wondering this. medium is a little bit loose all around on me, and i think small might be too small...

also what exactly does having the box pleat on the back removed do? i've seen it mentioned a few times. will it give them a more fitted look?

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, takes out the pouffiness from the back/midsection

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a sale on both linen blazers and linen shirts through the 8th. Has anyone tried the jackets & would the sizing be the same as the shirts (M = 40)? I've been looking for a nice linen blazer and $60 is a really nice price.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 40R and tried on the linen jackets a couple weeks ago. The jacket fit great in the shoulders, but was super tight in the waist and mid-section. It could be fine if you don't plan on buttoning the jacket. Sizing up to a L didn't seem to be a huge problem, the shoulders still seems to be ok, but it would probably need to be taken to a tailor to slim it a bit. I would probably have to go try it on again before pulling the trigger.

BTW, don't use the pics on the Uniqlo site as a reference, it fits the model terribly. The jacket looks much better in person.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I'm a 40R and tried on the linen jackets a couple weeks ago. The jacket fit great in the shoulders, but was super tight in the waist and mid-section. It could be fine if you don't plan on buttoning the jacket. Sizing up to a L didn't seem to be a huge problem, the shoulders still seems to be ok, but it would probably need to be taken to a tailor to slim it a bit. I would probably have to go try it on again before pulling the trigger.
BTW, don't use the pics on the Uniqlo site as a reference, it fits the model terribly. The jacket looks much better in person.

Thanks. What waist size are you if you don't mind me asking?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waist I usually use for most pants is 34, but this jacket seems to have a somewhat high buttoning stance. Closer to the midsection than the navel.

jimtology

Reaction score
There's a sale on both linen blazers and linen shirts through the 8th. Has anyone tried the jackets & would the sizing be the same as the shirts (M = 40)? I've been looking for a nice linen blazer and $60 is a really nice price.

Woah, what. How much are they?

vari

Reaction score
perfect timing, I was planning to get a jacket there this Thursday.

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
how do the linen shirts and jacket fit? im at 36 chest and about 15 neck. is the small good or should i go down to XS?

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do the linen shirts and jacket fit? im at 36 chest and about 15 neck. is the small good or should i go down to XS?

I'm not sure how the linen shirts fit, but on the regular sportshirts, I think the chest might be too big on the small, but you might not be able to button the top button on an XS.

Zuppy

Reaction score
Can anyone proxy that lives in like UK or HK proxy me some "Perfect Shape Cargo Pants in Army Green (Camo)?" I've tried everywhere to search em here in NYC but no luck yet :\

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads