Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Got my shirts from yoo, thanks mate! I didn't remember the oxfords were this heavy, we're talking a really sturdy fabric like those 1950s grey suited men would have loved. Uniqlo has some pretty impressive fabrics for the price (I also liked the Tasmanian wool). If you're like me and you throw away your white shirts after a year this is a more than decent option Stitching is not incredible but looks solid and the cheap buttons won't fall off on you. I've had bespoke shirts in the $250-350 range (that was a few years ago so I'm assuming they're $350-$500 now) that I didn't really care for more, make no mistake they were obviously better built and the fabric was more elaborate but nothing I really give a fuck about.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

2. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I checked out the Undercover line today.

Quality across the board is really ehh. That Rider's jacket that everybody is hyping up is just that: hype. Crappy pleather, weird pockets. Lol @ anybody who buys it at that price point ($100).

Even that hooded maroon blouson is not worth it. The only thing I liked were the Easy Pants, which were essentially really soft sweats.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

3. AlohaMaui

AlohaMaui Member

4. APK

APK Senior member

Just got my oxfords from yoo, as well. I have one from 2010 and the material they're using now still feels sturdy and substantial.* Great for the price, and even better for the promotion price. I sized up to a large because the arms and shoulders were a bit tight on me for the mediums. I'll probably need to get the body slimmed a bit, but it's a really nice fit everywhere else.

And because I suspect a lot of guys are getting the oxfords from yoo, here's a helpful post from aeglus on getting a good collar roll:

*I'm actually selling this right now, since it's a medium and a bit tight in the arms for me now.

5. nomad

nomad Senior member

how do the easy pants fit?

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    Are we the same size? I forget. I'm a 40, would a large be too large? Sorry, I realize the answer is probably here a hundred times in this thread.

7. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

cool. I got the one looks like tweed. straight look, tapered lower leg. u can make a cuff at the bottom if you want.

8. nomad

nomad Senior member

How did you size them? Is it normal uniqlo sizing for trousers/jeans?

9. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

I usually wear 30.
    for ez pants, according to their size chart, S is for 27-30, which fits me pretty good, not loose not tight.
    and M is for 30-33, L for 33-36. Both of them I dint try

10. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

BTW, theyre really soft n comfort

11. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Think I might grab the tweedish easy pants, but definitely getting the crew necks. Prefer the neck opening on those compared to the regular uniqlo tees. Anyone handled the easy jacket?

12. nomad

nomad Senior member

Thanks Ian, am thinking of picking up the easy pants in grey.

13. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

my pleasure, SENIOR nomad!~

14. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

[​IMG]
    also grabbed dis... coz I think the buttons are different from other oxford shirts, huge button

15. APK

APK Senior member

I think I'm a little bigger. The medium fit pretty well in the body, but the upper arms were tight and the chest was getting a bit snug. My only concern with sizing up was the shoulders (since the body can be tailored), but they look fine, so it worked out.