1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

yea calves def skin tight

2. softprac

softprac Member

Anyone catch the unadvertised sales for this week?

1 person likes this.
  3. APK

APK Senior member

Jacket looks great. Might have to grab the blue one the next time UU goes on sale.

Does anyone know if the LS shirts run small like the SS ones supposedly do?

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

If you mean long sleeve tees, they do run small.

1 person likes this.
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Got a new poster today, sick!

So which graphic tee's from Uniqlo (Not UU) are available in the states?

[​IMG]

Received the standard Uniqlo oxfords today and they are nice and have a heavier hand than the Extra Fine Cotton slim fit oxfords. I have TBH though, I do prefer the extra fine oxford to the standard. Softer, light weight, and overall a more pleasant look. They both have their purposes though (as Uniqlo thought of most likely). Extra fine cotton will serve well if you are in a more MC atmosphere whereas the standard oxford is more well-rounded. Fit wise, could taper the body, but for OTR, fits hell of a lot better than Rugby and J.crew oxford.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. mystix

mystix Well-Known Member

Anybody try on the chino shorts on sale this week? I like the slimness and the length of the model in the pictures.

7. Manypostcards

Manypostcards Member

Of the three Uniqlo stores in NYC, does anyone think there's a 'best' one in terms of selection and availability of size?

8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Sorry to be the one to bombard you with sizing questions, :embar: but how did you size? I tried to look up measurements on the UK site, but they're sold out and I can't get to the measurements section. I want them to stay up on their own, but I don't want the thighs to be skin-tight.

Also, is uu still on sale, or is that promotion over? They never say on the web site.

9. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Hey istasi, are the cropped pants from your picture in WAYWT the cropped chino version, or the other one?

1 person likes this.
  10. gort

gort Senior member

11. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

They're 20 in the states

Edit: For gettoasty, the graphic tees are 20 in the states.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

So I'm guessing they are different than the linen/madras shirts I got two seasons ago because those were so itchy and slubby I hated it.

13. gort

gort Senior member

Can't say but I am not the slightest bit itchy and I don't know what slubby means.

14. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

I got one last year. It's slightly slubby and not at all itchy. It's extremely comfortable and one of my favourite shirts.

15. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

For me they all the same.

16. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I find the one on 34th to have the worst selection. 5th ave is probably the best.

17. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

i got them last time they were on sale

they're good for the price

sizing is general and i went with size medium which is 30-33 i believe...they fit like my 31 perfect shape cargos in the waist

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

got my xs easy jacket and its a perfect fit

size small t shirts fit great but are slightly short ... def will have to watch how i wash these

19. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

most annoying thing about uniqlo is i am between sizes. xl shirts too big, large just barely makes it

20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'd like to go on the record stating that Suddenlee rocks. I placed an order for the easy pants in grey a while back, but they were sold out (they checked all three stores for me). They contacted me when they received a return of the easy pants and included them in a separate order. I confirmed the order last night (they gave me the total charges and asked for my approval), and it showed up at my doorstep a little after noon today.

Also, if anyone's hesitating because of the service fee, don't. I just got $50 worth of stuff and paid an extra $10, which included overnight shipping. Also, for some reason, there was no sales tax (I don't know if they just tell them they're shipping it to PA or what).

I don't know if uu stuff is still on sale or if Suddenlee just sent me returns that were originally purchased at sale price, but I definitely only paid sale price for my order.

For anyone wondering, the cropped pants (not the chinos, the ones with an elasticated waistband) definitely run large.