Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Sizing down and expecting that stretch to that of one tagged size up is a bit hopeful. It is possible but why not just wear a belt?

2. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I have a pair and have the same issue, sizing down shouldn't be a problem since the legs will stretch out. I remember a few people before saying they had sized down 2 in them.

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

to be quite frank I like how 32x32 looks , bit more aggressive. It's really just the waist that would need to stretch out.

Plus, where talking about a pair of jeans with 3% elastane not a 100% cotton- so stretching 1 tagged sized is not improbable . Just need confirmation from those who have actually owned the item at question.

4. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

:cheers:

Sounds about right.

5. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Yeah? (so basically this is an indication of good quality?) And what do you usually use it for? At most I'd probably just need it to carry a note book, 1 textbook, and a 15 inch laptop ...

6. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

IMO, the elastane means less stretching. Yes, it'll stretch out, but remember it will also stretch back into shape. My Uniqlo MIJ pair has less diaper butt than every other pair of raw denim I've own. My 2 cents is to just wear a belt.

NOTE: I have also sized down one - I wear MIJ's one size smaller than my usual Uniqlo pants size.

EDIT: MIJ's are 100% cotton, so disregard this.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

7. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

The past two seasons all jeans with spandex have been produced in china, was this not the case in the past? Sounds like you own/are taking about the 100% cotton varation? Or perhaps you're just refering to Uniqlo's Japanese sourced denim?

8. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Looks like you're right. In the past their raw Japan-sourced denim for their regular jeans was 3%. This is my first pair of MIJ's though, and the tag says 100% cotton.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, good quality. The backpack will hold that load well; I mostly used it for school where I carried a laptop two textbooks and a binder.

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

for anyone interested in what the dry easy jacket is like, I ordered a small and a medium (wasn't sure which size I was) and the fabric is very soft, light and unlined. no shoulder padding and it has a bit of a stretch to it. The fabric is pretty fine, but not like sweatshirt material. someone a couple pages back said its kind of like workout material and I'd say that seems pretty accurate, as its a cotton/poly blend. Sort of reminds me in a way of exersize shirts, how the fabric is kind of 'slick,' not really sure how to describe it.

Anyway, I think i'm a size small, but the size small I got appears to be an XS that was mistagged, as it matched up with the XS measurements on the website, so i'll have to return them and order a small again.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

might do tomorrow if i have the time, but it will be one picture of a skin tight jacket, and one picture of a size-too-big jacket.

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

What do you guys think about the single breasted cotton?The blend is 67% Cotton 33 Polyester. Think it was 99 last week.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'd still like to see it!

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

someone should email uniqlo / suddenlee and start getting weekly promos then post it here (0)