The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

will a +J chino in tag 30 work for me if i usually wear APC PS in size 29 or 30 ? Keep in mind the PS are raw and will stretch

2. Hype

Hype Member

Weird question but here goes: From what I remember Uniqlo gives you a receipt or something like that after you pick up an alteration. I was cleaning and found a receipt in my bookbag with a purchase and alteration. The thing is, I have no memory of picking this up at all because the 20th was the last day of finals for me and I partied the next few days with friends that returned from out of state so I can't remember the events that happened during that time range that well. Here are the pics of the receipt I found:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this what they give you after you pick up an alteration or is my item still at the store waiting to be claimed?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012

3. disneyworldsucks

disneyworldsucks Well-Known Member

+1 for Crohnoes as a proxy in the UK. Very reliable guy and he ships immediately. Very good service!

4. anthonyp

anthonyp Member

I'll reiterate this. Great service.

5. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

For you XS folks out there, I'm selling a +J suit (from older season i think) in med. gray, XS jacket + 29 pants

6. chill1217

chill1217 Well-Known Member

any advice on sizing the MIJ slim jeans? TTS or size down?

also, i hate diaper butt, does that happen at all with uniqlo jeans?

edit: actually found the question asked before, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

If anyone wants to let go of their +j tapered trousers in 30/31 or wine +j cashmere cardi in S, please PM me.

8. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

very basic question here. when ordering from uniqlo jp, as a rule of thumb, does one size up?

i'm a true 46 but often wear EU medium due to my height (6'+). should i be opting for medium or large in JP?

TIA!

(i know measurements are supplied but i can never tell from measurements alone.)

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Looking for someone, who is able to place an order for myself at Uniqlo UK.
    Proxy is not needed as a friend of mine studies in the UK and forward the package to myself, only neither of us has a credit card registered to an UK address.

10. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

It is much thicker. The sleeves are long though, so you'll have to roll them back a bit. Sizing-wise, they run large; grab the same size you got the heavy gauge shawl cardigan in.

The trick will be finding one.
    Do you know your Uniqlo pants size? I wear a 31 in the Vintage Fit Chinos, but had to size down to 30 in the MIJ jeans.

I also hate diaper butt, and am pleased to report that I get much much less of it with my MIJ jeans compared to my last pair of raw denim (LVC).
    Size up. A US/UK small is an Asian medium. Beware, Asian long-sleeve shirts (plain, button-down/dress, Heattech) have shorter sleeves! Their outerwear and Ts seem to be the same length, though.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

11. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Saw the spring/summer UIP collection the other day. I really like the blocktech jacket and track jacket as casual pieces. Part of me wants to wait until UxU hits so I can make a better decision, though. Around when will that be coming out?

12. worakl

worakl Senior member

Someone said it will coincide with another store opening in Japan, sometime in March I think. Shouldn't the first pics be released soon?

13. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

Thanks, dude. The medium measurements look perfect but the shoulders are really tight. Shoulder measurements look perfect on the large, but everything else slightly large. I should opt with what works in the shoulders, right?

14. chill1217

chill1217 Well-Known Member

no, i don't know my uniqlo pants size :(

i was debating whether i should be lazy and gamble with suddenlee or plan a day-trip to nyc some weekend.

from what you wrote, i am guessing that the MIJ jeans don't stretch much with wear? and that you should buy what fits comfortably in-store?

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member