• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
oh, sorry wrong one, taco. i was thinking about the non +j shawl cardi which i have in small. i don't know how that one fits.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in ordering the EFM wool vs. lambswool sweaters, the EFM is about 1 size smaller.

I say this because the lambswool is great for layering and worn over a shirt.
The same size in EFM has a bit of a tight/extra slim fit look to it. Worn by itself, it fits nice. The EFM crewneck has a nice high collar that doesn't droop. Worn with slacks and a coat + jacket would be ideal as TTS doesn't leave any room for layering underneath, only on top.

FWIW, I ordered size small lambswool and EFM. I may have found a nice alternative for S/S or fall/autumn transitional top. It is quite warm by itself, the EFM. And it is soft whereas the lambswool is scratchy if worn against skin.

Regarding the Tasmanian suits, I had a spill last night--Chinese food--some sauce spilled onto the the bottom left hem of pants. The sauce was like goo and probably had a lot of different food types mixed together i.e. oil

Got home about 3hrs later and dabbed/hand washed with a cloth dipped in cold water and oxiclean. Beforehand, I initially just dabbed and cleaned off the mess with a dry napkin. Was freaking out (0)...Today the stains are pretty faded. You wouldn't notice it unless I showed you and even then, I think with more wear, it will just fade with time. STILL considering dipping the small tip of the hem into cold water + detergent and let it soak for 30mins. But will probably hold back for the time being. I just got to remember that it is just clothes after all and it will be trashed eventually--I'll just try hard not to think about it. Being my first time with such an incident, it pains me to know that it will probably happen again randomly in the future. That said, $90 is a nice price for a decent quality suit to rotate throughout the week.

I just wish personally that I was not so paranoid

:fu:

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
What's the sizing like on the Slim Fit Tasmanian jackets? S=36, M=38? I'm looking at the UK sites measurements and it seems like I'm in between sizes, maybe I'll just get an M and have it tailored.

i'm usually a 38 in jackets and a small fits me great.

PattyC

Reaction score
If anyone wouldn't mind, could they just post the s2s and p2p of a Small slim fit Tasmanian jacket?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
M s2s is about 17.5 or less

So UK Uniqlo is pretty accurate with measurements.

jimtology

Reaction score
I ordered a merino sweater in a S from this season and it was too tight on me. I'm deciding on whether I should get a lambswool v-neck. Are the sizes consistent for all sweaters? The UK measurements tell me to go for a M, but are they accurate?

hypnos123

Reaction score

I ordered a merino sweater in a S from this season and it was too tight on me. I'm deciding on whether I should get a lambswool v-neck. Are the sizes consistent for all sweaters? The UK measurements tell me to go for a M, but are they accurate?

stick with the merino. The lambswool quality is pretty **** from what I had seen in store.

innerstyle

Reaction score

I agree with what gettoasty wrote a few posts up, the EFM sweater is very slim fitting while the lambswool is more looser fitting. I think you could fit the small.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both the quality of the EFM and lambswool are good.

EFM is actually more fragile TBH. It has a higher chance of ripping a hole vs. the lambswool for damn sure as will as pilling.

I bought 6? lambswool and 1 EFM this season.

Read sizing on my previous post...

Last edited:

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they would be 2 inches oversized in the waist notwithit.

Last edited:

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both the quality of the EFM and lambswool are good.
EFM is actually more fragile TBH. It has a higher chance of ripping a hole vs. the lambswool for damn sure as will as pilling.
I bought 6? lambswool and 1 EFM this season.
Read sizing on my previous post...

The lambswool is already pilling?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, typed it out wrong.

I am saying that the EFM has a higher chance of ripping and pilling vs. the lambswool. Because of the material of the lambswool, it is more rigid. And even if it looks like its pilling, which I do not seeing that happening soon, the material helps it blend in better.

You know EFM stands for "extra fine merino", which is very smooth so ANY wear and tear will show more clearly than the lambswool. Lambswool is actually more F/W weight vs. the EFM which IMO is more S/S or autumn.

FWIW, I live in the Bay Area so you can judge the weather condition from that.

Go niners!

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

they would be 2 inches oversized in the waist notwithit.

Right...I know that they add 2 to the "true" waist measurement to get the actual measurement of the waistband, I'm just not sure if the actual fit is the same. You can have two pairs of jeans that measure the same in terms of waist circumference but don't actually fit the same, which is why I was hoping someone who owns the jeans could speak up regarding sizing down one (as with the regular fit) or going TTS. I believe the recommendation with the skinny fit is to go TTS, even though the web site lists the waist measurement as identical to the slim fit and regular fit models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics