• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The oxfords on the site with the "new" tag appear to have more substantial collars. Anyone know if that's the case? I always liked their oxfords, but the collar left a lot to be desired.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The oxfords on the site with the "new" tag appear to have more substantial collars. Anyone know if that's the case? I always liked their oxfords, but the collar left a lot to be desired.

link?

Totakeke

Reaction score

I don't see any new tags on the site, but I always liked the normal cheaper oxfords compared which has thicker material and fits me better compared to the easy care line which is softer/thinner but with shoulders too narrow for me. I guess you can say the former ones have more substantial collars.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On second look, the oxfords just look to have a better collar roll than what I remember them having. Or it could just be that the top button in these pics is undone:

mvmori

Reaction score
Bought that exact shirt in medium when I was in Seoul this winter - you're right, it's just that the top button's undone.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't that how you would wear an oxford shirt anyways?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

kushburner

Reaction score
Uh, there's no such thing as fitting perfectly for just a height and weight. I'd say medium.

I didnt mean that literally lol. I heard that uniqlo's button ups run bigger than their other shirts. Not sure what size I should go and I will be ordering via suddenlee. I really want to avoid a return/exchange.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sizing questions always refer to Uniqlo UK

First consider shoulder measurement
Next consider chest measurement

should be easy peezy

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, but their stock photos have generally shown their shirting buttoned all the way up.
edit:
Sizing still the same?

maybe a tad bigger, but not enough to warrant sizing down even more.

kushburner

Reaction score
Is the size chart consistent with all of their shirts? Ive heard that their shirts do not fit consistently and button ups run bigger.. just want to make sure

Totakeke

Reaction score

I didnt mean that literally lol. I heard that uniqlo's button ups run bigger than their other shirts. Not sure what size I should go and I will be ordering via suddenlee. I really want to avoid a return/exchange.

Actually looking at the size chart on the US website, I guess my Uniqlo is using Asian sizing which is one size up. So you should go with S.

Is the size chart consistent with all of their shirts? Ive heard that their shirts do not fit consistently and button ups run bigger.. just want to make sure

No they're not consistent at least from my experience. Linen shirts are very baggy, easy care shirts are narrower in the shoulders, while the denim and normal oxfords fit nicely for me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads