• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think it'll be fine after a tailor takes a look at it (especially since the shoulder fit looks okay), although this season's sizing seems to be a tad bigger (my XS suit from this season is spot on while the my XS suit from a few seasons back is too snug in the shoulders now)

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's too baggy all around but I like my suits more fitted.

The pants are already slim through my thighs, so I can't go a size down on those. You think I should go to a medium on the jacket? The shoulders just might be too constricting then. I definitely agree with you that the midsection and below on the jacket has too much fabric. The chest shoulders and upper arms are all pretty good. I can't decide if shortening it or adding more waist suppression would fix the jacket.

Just called, almost everything +J is sold out. No flannel suits left. Looks like I'll be keeping this one.

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The pants are already slim through my thighs, so I can't go a size down on those. You think I should go to a medium on the jacket? The shoulders just might be too constricting then. I definitely agree with you that the midsection and below on the jacket has too much fabric. The chest shoulders and upper arms are all pretty good. I can't decide if shortening it or adding more waist suppression would fix the jacket.
Just called, almost everything +J is sold out. No flannel suits left. Looks like I'll be keeping this one.

I think if you post the fit pics in the MC thread, they can give you some pretty good advice since some of them are tailors or have previous experience with this stuff. They come up with more problems for a suit fit than we can imagine....

Just went to 34th st today.
Lots of size larges in suits and such, and rare mediums... M and S only in cashmere + merino sweaters, shirts, and one black puffy blazer ( fit kinda sucks though)
I want to buy the woman's section :(

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A good tailor will be able to fix that perhaps.

From first glance seems to be a lot of issues with the body of the jacket.

If you like it, get it altered first then repost

innerstyle

Reaction score
I thought the +J suit jackets came with working buttonholes? If so, I'm not sure how well the sleeves will turn out as it looks like you need an inch or more taken off.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope. The wool flannel did not so altering sleeve is good to go

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the excitement behind the Undercover colab? What's Undercover like?

I can't help to think that the +J will come down as the best mainstream colab ever. Jil Sander was the perfect match for uniqlo.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until previews come out from Sense, Popeye, Men's Non-no, etc we won't have a clue. Undercover is a label that is hard to pin down. Takahashi could just release technobabble pieces or graphics with cargo shorts. He could release wrinkly next-level punk wear or suiting with advanced cuts. It lands March 8th so we'll know by then.

ennui

Reaction score

Picked up this +j suit. Slim fit size large. Should I have gone with a regular fit medium? or even a slim fit medium? Ignore the pants they fit perfectly, they just need to be hemmed. The jacket clearly needs the sleeves shortened, but I'm not sure want to do with the rest of it, seems a little full or too long in the lower block? It fits me well through the shoulders without being constricting.

As long as:

* The shoulders fit well
* The armholes aren't too high or low
* The lapels sit on your chest while the jacket is buttoned
* The length of the jacket is no more than .5 inch longer than what you need

the rest is fixable IMHO. Looking at the pictures, all that seems true for this suit except the armholes seem a bit big in some of the pictures for some reason. I'd definitely take in the chest from the sides, maybe take .5 inch off of the bottom, and make the pant legs slimmer, in addition to the obvious hemming of the pants and sleeve shortening. But if it were me, I'd resell because of the armholes.

TooAwesome

Reaction score
anyone know the denim weights of their UJ and MIJ line? how about their stuff from 2008?

i have a pair ive worn for ~3 years (got them in march 09, probably ~32 months of wear. not even sure cuz there werent other jeans i rotated with, only time i wasnt in them was probably for some parts of summer) with 2 accidental washes when i first got them (lol didnt know what raw denim was and was wondering why they were so stiff)

Last edited:

andrewsd

Reaction score
couldn't find the merino cardigan in NYC yesterday, is it not a USA item or something?
really wish the shirts fit me better..

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went and bought a bunch of +j stuff - wish I had jumped on the fishtail in khaki when they had it in M - not a fan of the lighter beige nor the black.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering about getting a uniqlo suit to go out clubbing in since I almost had someone's bloody mary go all over my TaT suit last week. I'm pretty interested in the +J collection, not sure if any of the suiting there is left now though.

Here's the catch, I train quite a bit and the lats plus pectorals leave me with a circa 42inch chest now. Unfortunately my shoulders are still the same as that of a 36R (around 16-17inches from memory). Does anyone have measurements of a typical jacket or know if I could let out the chest?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads