1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Eupfhoria

Eupfhoria Well-Known Member

huh, so uniqlo just doesn't want them to advertise the fact that they support them?

and 'presence on the web'? again, why the fuck don't you just open a damn webstore already, uniqlo? don't you want my money!?

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

lol

Uniqlo trying to be all exclusive like they are Starbucks or something

Give me a break. I want to boycott them now

3. 89andy

89andy Senior member

they just wanna know how much of their sales is actually coming from people within NY and not all over NA before gauging interest and everything. Not that hard to understand. I doubt they wanna be "all exclusive", not with the price points they charge at, thats retarded.

Boycott them for all I care.

1 person likes this.
  4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

How do their perfect fit cargos fit? I want the camo and olive ones...

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

^The first iteration was tight as hell, I had to size up two on the waist. The second's fit was much more forgiving as the legs were a little wider and you could wear TTS while still maintaining that 'slim' look. Only differences I noticed between the two besides the cut were some minor details like the cargo pockets on the first used two snaps instead of one and the stitching around the back pockets were closer with slightly smaller pocket flaps.

If you could find a pair of the first version they're on sale for $10 while the second version is on sale for $29.99. Also, I only saw khaki, olive, and black at the SoHo store, didn't check the other locations.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Dunno if this has been asked before does anyone have experience with the current day packs?
    http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=070937
    Kinda want a new backpack, but at the moment, don't have the income flow to justify a nice bag. Any insight would be appreciated

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Theres always abercrambie & fetch :foo:

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I used a Biege one for like 3 years.. I still have it looks brand new.

9. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Yep, Suddenlee couldn't find any +J stuff. Just filled an order with underwear and socks instead.

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

I have some T-000 in size 33x32. The fit is almost perfect, but the waist is a little loose and thighs/seat are just perfect. However, my experience with jeans with any Elastane is that they stretch a lot. So should I size down to a 32? I remember reading that T-000's do stretch, but does that very by season?

Cheers

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Sizing down and expecting that stretch to that of one tagged size up is a bit hopeful. It is possible but why not just wear a belt?

12. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I have a pair and have the same issue, sizing down shouldn't be a problem since the legs will stretch out. I remember a few people before saying they had sized down 2 in them.

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

to be quite frank I like how 32x32 looks , bit more aggressive. It's really just the waist that would need to stretch out.

Plus, where talking about a pair of jeans with 3% elastane not a 100% cotton- so stretching 1 tagged sized is not improbable . Just need confirmation from those who have actually owned the item at question.

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

:cheers:

Sounds about right.

15. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Yeah? (so basically this is an indication of good quality?) And what do you usually use it for? At most I'd probably just need it to carry a note book, 1 textbook, and a 15 inch laptop ...

16. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

IMO, the elastane means less stretching. Yes, it'll stretch out, but remember it will also stretch back into shape. My Uniqlo MIJ pair has less diaper butt than every other pair of raw denim I've own. My 2 cents is to just wear a belt.

NOTE: I have also sized down one - I wear MIJ's one size smaller than my usual Uniqlo pants size.

EDIT: MIJ's are 100% cotton, so disregard this.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  17. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

The past two seasons all jeans with spandex have been produced in china, was this not the case in the past? Sounds like you own/are taking about the 100% cotton varation? Or perhaps you're just refering to Uniqlo's Japanese sourced denim?

18. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Looks like you're right. In the past their raw Japan-sourced denim for their regular jeans was 3%. This is my first pair of MIJ's though, and the tag says 100% cotton.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, good quality. The backpack will hold that load well; I mostly used it for school where I carried a laptop two textbooks and a binder.

1 person likes this.
  20. max_r

max_r Senior member

for anyone interested in what the dry easy jacket is like, I ordered a small and a medium (wasn't sure which size I was) and the fabric is very soft, light and unlined. no shoulder padding and it has a bit of a stretch to it. The fabric is pretty fine, but not like sweatshirt material. someone a couple pages back said its kind of like workout material and I'd say that seems pretty accurate, as its a cotton/poly blend. Sort of reminds me in a way of exersize shirts, how the fabric is kind of 'slick,' not really sure how to describe it.

Anyway, I think i'm a size small, but the size small I got appears to be an XS that was mistagged, as it matched up with the XS measurements on the website, so i'll have to return them and order a small again.