• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

epilepc

Reaction score

sorry if this has been talked about 100 times alreay, but do any of the +J jackets and pants match (color-wise) for a complete suit? which ones if yeah?

I'm looking at getting thenon-block tech Half Coat too...anybody get that/look at it in store?

Picked up the Reversible Down Jacket a couple weeks ago, wore it to NYC this thanksgiving and it kept me warm. The reversible side is water resistant as far as I can tell. Really nice details and an XS fits wonderfully for a 5'6" 130lb. asian male.

Last time, I also picked up a bunch of XS heattech vnecks and their super soft long sleeve vnecks. They both fit well and feel very nice. I can wear the heattech underneath the long sleeve with a jacket and stay pretty warm in Boston. Looks like that's going to be my uniform or whatever.

The hoodies also look, feel, and fit well (slim). But they are a bit expensive at $40. XS was a bit too small for me, so I went with S.

On Black Friday I copped a bunch of heattech thermals and socks, and more super soft long sleeve vnecks. 34th street was out of XS in black +J peacoats. XS seems hard to find in nice styles for +J. But I did pick up the +J Half Coat with removable vest and hood. It's pretty sweet in terms or material, details, and fit. I'm not sure how warm it will be, but I know it's warmer than the +J fishtail coat. I'll have a chance to test it out this week when it rains in Boston. Mm, and why do they make clothes out of materials that will deteriorate in 3 years? Is that typical for weatherproof jackets?

Also, 34th doesn't carry any Innovation Project, but I think that's because they're done with that line? Not sure. In fact a lot of employees I asked didn't know anything about it.

Anyway, just wish I could've been there longer for the merino sweater and oxford sale.

After further review, I feel like it's kinda too big on me. Iono. I'll still wear it tho.

Eupfhoria

Reaction score

After further review, I feel like it's kinda too big on me. Iono. I'll still wear it tho.

What size/color did you get? Olive looks pretty dope, but not sure what it will actually look like (the +J sweater I got in olive is actually brown).

And how about warmth and weatherproof?

(thanks man)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should I hang or fold my +J Wool Knit Shawl when not wearing it? Never owned something like this before.

and I'm still searching for that XS blouson, there was an XL on ebay

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
put it in a tauntan's belly. open with lightsaber. it's a ******* sweater

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well it's wool and a knit, thought that meant it cant be hung or it will stretch or something. I don't know!!

AHShadow

Reaction score

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never hang knits. Unless it was some weird sweater jacket fusion like that Marni x H&M coat.

epilepc

Reaction score

What size/color did you get? Olive looks pretty dope, but not sure what it will actually look like (the +J sweater I got in olive is actually brown).
And how about warmth and weatherproof?
(thanks man)

I got beige in XS. It looks like beige.. a lil dark, a lil green. militaryish i guess. I remember seeing the olive in stores but, I'm sure it was pretty dark. Can't tell you if it looked brown or not :\

Warmth and weatherproof... It's actually unusually nice in Boston this week, so give me until mid next week to comment about that. It should rain and drop to lower 40s (F).

etpre

Reaction score
It looks like I wouldn't be able to make it up there until the 27th so I'm giving Suddenlee a try. Haven't used them before but I figure their chances now are better than mine in a week.

Just adding to the chorus here about Suddenlee - highly recommended. They found (almost) everything I ordered, sent me suggestions for alternatives for the two items that were sold out (they found the same style in different colors and similar styles in the same colors and got back to me within 15 mins or so each time I had questions), and it all shipped out within a couple hours of my last email to them about what I wanted. All bought on separate receipts to avoid sales tax, shipped to me overnight for 4% over cost. Ridiculous.

I hope they're not losing money on this. I do need to return a couple items but it seems like they have a reasonable process for that.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's for ease of returning individual items if needed. Also, another positive experience here. Very responsive. Thumbs up.

89andy

Reaction score
Can anyone give thoughts on how the +J cashmere cardigans fit? Do they actually measure as stated on the website? 15" shoulders and 19" pit to pit seems quite tiny for a size small!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads