Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jkaz

jkaz Member

Anyone else find that the sweatshirts (pullover and zip-up) pile really easily? I have like 4-5 because they fit really well, but they all end up pilling like crazy near the bottom since I wear a backpack really often. I can notice it on first wear sometimes...even the H&M stuff I have piles far, far less.

Kind of pisses me off, but maybe it's just my backpack.

On another note, anybody want to a buy a packaged black u-neck in xs? I desperately need 6 bucks in my paypal lol.

2. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

yes its your backpack. even if you have the w+h hoodie, it will pile if your bag keeps rubbing.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Anyone else find that the sweatshirts (pullover and zip-up) pile really easily? I have like 4-5 because they fit really well, but they all end up pilling like crazy near the bottom since I wear a backpack really often. I can notice it on first wear sometimes...even the H&M stuff I have piles far, far less. Kind of pisses me off, but maybe it's just my backpack. On another note, anybody want to a buy a packaged black u-neck in xs? I desperately need 6 bucks in my paypal lol.
    I wish Uniqlo's tees/undershirts were thicker, I can't get away with showing my nipples all over the place or I'd have like 20 of them Anybody noticed that the new UJ jeans stretch a metric fuckload compared to the non-UJ ones? I have a purple pair of older T-000s in size 31, they're tight as fuck and hardly stretch at all. I have a new pair of gray UJ T-000s in the same size, they're much loser all around and stretch out after a single wear.

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

I wish Uniqlo's tees/undershirts were thicker, I can't get away with showing my nipples all over the place or I'd have like 20 of them

Anybody noticed that the new UJ jeans stretch a metric fuckload compared to the non-UJ ones? I have a purple pair of older T-000s in size 31, they're tight as fuck and hardly stretch at all. I have a new pair of gray UJ T-000s in the same size, they're much loser all around and stretch out after a single wear.

hate the normal uniqlo cotton tees. i usually buy the quick dry tees. much nicer, but a tad bit short.

5. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

lambswool sweater is coarse and itchy as fuck.

6. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

lambswool sweater is coarse and itchy as fuck.

Word, I bought it to wear as a fall l/s on it's own, but I can't bear to wear it like that. *scratches*

8. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Would you guys say their lambswool sweaters are worth the trouble that a phone order would probably mean? Prices are good and design's pretty basic (which is what I want) but I don't want to put so much effort into a sweater that's flimsy or is gonna pill like shit.

I had a few variations in size small which I took to the tailor, and they wear great. Didn't have the itchy problem that was mentioned either.

9. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

I'm putting together a US order and pretty much all the uniqlo stuff i have that i bought in japan is Medium, so across the board i should be ordering smalls and mediums for outerwear?

10. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

will have to look in the nyc store for this..

going back to this hoodie, apparently i picked up the 22% polyester version. is the other version significantly thicker? if so i may consider returning and picking up the thicker version.

11. bombers

bombers Senior member

going back to this hoodie, apparently i picked up the 22% polyester version. is the other version significantly thicker? if so i may consider returning and picking up the thicker version.

My proxy got me the 22% poly version as well. I thought it was going to be a bit thicker. But did you happen to see the same hoodie as the blue one but in a black/gray pepper color?

12. Timmbo

Timmbo Senior member

anyone copped/tried on the +j cashmere slim fit tuxedo jacket? thoughts? looks good on the site, but measurements seem they'd be a bit off for me.

13. galeron

galeron Active Member

Any thoughts on the neo-leather jacket? Looks rather good to me...

14. SPK

SPK Senior member

Is the KM X Uniqlo stuff in NY yet? I might check tomorrow

15. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find a British Uniqlo proxy? I just completed an email order with the NY store, but they didn't have a few items in-store that are in-stock on the Uniqlo UK online store.