• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYLON

Reaction score
Hope to see some first hand reviews from the usual suspects here soon ?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Back from my U Haul, for me it’s still a pretty good collection even mostly (elevated) basic pieces. Attaching some fit pics for reference, generally same sizing for U as usual but I recommend TTS for most pieces.

Outerwear

Happy with the cotton trucker jacket in blue, which had quite a substantial denim fabric with a nice blue tone. Also my favorite jersey twill military jacket that is slightly thinner than last year’s shirt jacket. I really like this, I might go back for another color.

Tried on the hooded coat is thin and good for layering. The balmacaan coat is like the trench coat fabric, but maybe with a slight different coating - also thin for layering. The tailored jacket is still a good choice for a relaxed business beater suit now that it has jetted flap pockets. Material is same as last year’s poly. The poly-linen jacket has a nice texture and the brown is good in person.

Knits and Sweaters

I’m a fan of the Sweat Cardigan, having a smooth mercerized cotton fabric and interesting button choice. Will definitely get a lot of wear on me.

I also got the 3D knit sweater which has a slight boat neck opening, it has a dry cotton linen knit which is pretty breathable - this one is nice sized up for a nice airy drape. Same material for the boat neck S/S sweater and the polo (quite loose and airy... considering it...).

Tried on the knit cardigan as well, which is like a mesh knit. Also has a dry hand-feel. Considered it but I’m more into the sweat cardigan.

Shirts

Only got the stand collar double pocket shirt, it’s light and thin with a crinkly crepe cotton fabric. Same material for the open collar shirt.

The rest have the same signature U silhouettes and details just with a new fabric (cotton linen). They did rid of the old thick U plastic buttons but they replaced with some generic plastic buttons which i'm still not a fan, but it’s not that bad. But they could really just use shell buttons.

Cut and Sew

Only got the boat neck striped tee is pretty loose but I think TTS is the way to go here for the intended look. Of course, the usual S/S and L/S tees with just new colors are still good choices.

Bottoms

Only got the poly-linen wide fit tapered pants as I really like the fit and texture, interesting interior buttoning if you fit it too.

Jeans have a pretty substantial denim fabric, might get the blue later. Tried it on same regular fit as previous season and personally I still had to size up, but it may vary with you. Work pants have same cotton-poly fabric but a slightly tapered cut - I really liked last year’s, glad they brought it back. The jogger pants are also pretty good with the twill fabric - kinda close to French cargo military pants without the cargo pockets. Might consider later on sale.

Goods

Only got the tote bag since it reminds me of an LL Bean tote I wanted, canvas fabric is just alright. The sandals are pretty much same as last seasons with a different texture and just thicker neoprene straps.

Womenswear

Of course there are a lot of nice pieces from W’s but my most favorite would be the denim coverall. Just size up your usual mens size and it will fit just relaxed. Same shirting denim fabric as last season’s denim shirt. Highly recommended.
Also actually tried the womens wide fit jeans to go with this setup, but it was a bit thin for me. But I think it's worth a try.

Hope these help in your selection this season!

Attachments

• IMG_E1182.JPG
    IMG_E1182.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_E1181.JPG
    IMG_E1181.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_E1183.JPG
    IMG_E1183.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_E1184.JPG
    IMG_E1184.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_E1185.JPG
    IMG_E1185.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_E1186.JPG
    IMG_E1186.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_E1187.JPG
    IMG_E1187.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_E1188.JPG
    IMG_E1188.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_E1189.JPG
    IMG_E1189.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_E1190.JPG
    IMG_E1190.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_E1191.JPG
    IMG_E1191.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_E1192.JPG
    IMG_E1192.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_E1193.JPG
    IMG_E1193.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_E1194.JPG
    IMG_E1194.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_E1196.JPG
    IMG_E1196.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_E1197.JPG
    IMG_E1197.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_E1198.JPG
    IMG_E1198.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_E1199.JPG
    IMG_E1199.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 224

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Thank you!

the denim jacket (with the large collar) looks like it can look really good after a while, getting only better when aging.

i like tailored UU-jackets, nice silhuette. Just wish the material to be something else than poly. But still, a jacket, the button down-shirt from the same collection, perhaps a knit-tie and you’re set for ivy-style.

brown cardigan in the first pic looks good too. Is it a blend?

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
I wanted to pick up an over shirt from the fall season thats on sale. What is the comparison between the UU and the mainline one? Thanks in advance.

cafedandy

Reaction score
@WayneLyndon You're welcome! I also wish they do the tailored jackets in wool or wool blend again like some seasons back, but still not bad in its poly form now. The cardigan is a poly-cotton blend with dry hand-feel, I recommend to 1 size up.

@GeorgeC Yes it is, TTS is good.

@VJAYEYE Is this the overshirt with one breast pocket? If yes, I have the U one, which is a bit firm and thick fleece, for me a bit sharper in cut and detail; while the mainline is softer and cosy with poly lining and two side pockets. There's also a spring-summer version of the same mainline jacket in jersey.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.12.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.12.32 AM.png
    311.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.12.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 7.12.39 AM.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 209

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
@WayneLyndon You're welcome! I also wish they do the tailored jackets in wool or wool blend again like some seasons back, but still not bad in its poly form now. The cardigan is a poly-cotton blend with dry hand-feel, I recommend to 1 size up.

@GeorgeC Yes it is, TTS is good.

@VJAYEYE Is this the overshirt with one breast pocket? If yes, I have the U one, which is a bit firm and thick fleece, for me a bit sharper in cut and detail; while the mainline is softer and cosy with poly lining and two side pockets. There's also a spring-summer version of the same mainline jacket in jersey.
These two indeed. How did you size?

Csrulz16

Reaction score
Back from my U Haul, for me it’s still a pretty good collection even mostly (elevated) basic pieces. Attaching some fit pics for reference, generally same sizing for U as usual but I recommend TTS for most pieces.

Outerwear

Happy with the cotton trucker jacket in blue, which had quite a substantial denim fabric with a nice blue tone. Also my favorite jersey twill military jacket that is slightly thinner than last year’s shirt jacket. I really like this, I might go back for another color.

Tried on the hooded coat is thin and good for layering. The balmacaan coat is like the trench coat fabric, but maybe with a slight different coating - also thin for layering. The tailored jacket is still a good choice for a relaxed business beater suit now that it has jetted flap pockets. Material is same as last year’s poly. The poly-linen jacket has a nice texture and the brown is good in person.

Knits and Sweaters

I’m a fan of the Sweat Cardigan, having a smooth mercerized cotton fabric and interesting button choice. Will definitely get a lot of wear on me.

I also got the 3D knit sweater which has a slight boat neck opening, it has a dry cotton linen knit which is pretty breathable - this one is nice sized up for a nice airy drape. Same material for the boat neck S/S sweater and the polo (quite loose and airy... considering it...).

Tried on the knit cardigan as well, which is like a mesh knit. Also has a dry hand-feel. Considered it but I’m more into the sweat cardigan.

Shirts

Only got the stand collar double pocket shirt, it’s light and thin with a crinkly crepe cotton fabric. Same material for the open collar shirt.

The rest have the same signature U silhouettes and details just with a new fabric (cotton linen). They did rid of the old thick U plastic buttons but they replaced with some generic plastic buttons which i'm still not a fan, but it’s not that bad. But they could really just use shell buttons.

Cut and Sew

Only got the boat neck striped tee is pretty loose but I think TTS is the way to go here for the intended look. Of course, the usual S/S and L/S tees with just new colors are still good choices.

Bottoms

Only got the poly-linen wide fit tapered pants as I really like the fit and texture, interesting interior buttoning if you fit it too.

Jeans have a pretty substantial denim fabric, might get the blue later. Tried it on same regular fit as previous season and personally I still had to size up, but it may vary with you. Work pants have same cotton-poly fabric but a slightly tapered cut - I really liked last year’s, glad they brought it back. The jogger pants are also pretty good with the twill fabric - kinda close to French cargo military pants without the cargo pockets. Might consider later on sale.

Goods

Only got the tote bag since it reminds me of an LL Bean tote I wanted, canvas fabric is just alright. The sandals are pretty much same as last seasons with a different texture and just thicker neoprene straps.

Womenswear

Of course there are a lot of nice pieces from W’s but my most favorite would be the denim coverall. Just size up your usual mens size and it will fit just relaxed. Same shirting denim fabric as last season’s denim shirt. Highly recommended.
Also actually tried the womens wide fit jeans to go with this setup, but it was a bit thin for me. But I think it's worth a try.

Hope these help in your selection this season!
Thank you! That sweat cardigan looks interesting.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Uploading some proper fit pics of what I got again for your reference.
(I'm 5'5", 73kg, Asian size M, TTS)

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1292.JPG
    IMG_1292.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 250

NYLON

Reaction score
wasn't there suppose to be a selvedge denim for UU21 ?

losangelesghoul

Reaction score
@cafedandy How's the weight on that Sweat Cardigan? From the pics it looks like it could be the same texture and fabric as the U Mock Neck. Hoping it's thicker.

cafedandy

Reaction score
@cafedandy How's the weight on that Sweat Cardigan? From the pics it looks like it could be the same texture and fabric as the U Mock Neck. Hoping it's thicker.
It's close to the smoothness of the U mock neck outside, but mid-weight fleece, like a slightly lighter version of the U sweat shirts / hoodies. Compact knit with good polished look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads