• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the corduroy suits in chocolate and blue. Really nice. Hope they make the cut in linen for S/S.

Ice Bear

Reaction score
@NonChalant321 Thank you, that is helpful. I was weighing between medium or large since the model wears the latter. But seems like medium should have enough stretch in the waist (I feel comfortable at 34" waist).

@grayfox I've liked all the Heattech base layers so far, especially the "ultra" versions since I run cold in the fall. I sized up on the Heattech turtleneck and like them very much.
Last year's version of those Heatech lined pants stood up to cold winter days in Chicago. You should go with the medium. I am a 36 waist and comfortably took the large.

The basic Heatech layers are thinner and clingier than a T-Shirt to fit better under a shirt or pants. They are not particularly warm. The midlevel is warmish and the ultra is the choice is you run cold. Other options are Smartwool and Icebreaker, which use merino instead of poly.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some reason I find heattech really constricting and itchy. It like sticks to clothes that I wear over it. It might just be me though, I've got a wierd sensory thing when wearing tight underwear.

japejapejape

Reaction score
has anyone handled the balmacaan? is it at least warmer than the wool/cashmere overcoat

40shadesofolive

Reaction score
I ordered the JWA scarf online and the material is so rough.

I've ordered some acrylic stuff from Uniqlo before and it's whatever, but this feels more like a scouring pad than anything I want near my skin.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
I'm so confused by the women's sizing on the U trousers. The boyfriend jeans are available in sizes 22 - 34 inches, but the actual size chart (the one you can click on) suggests the waist width is actually 4 inches larger that listed (so the 28 in actually a 32?). The satin wide leg trousers go between 24 and 30... but the clickable size chart starts at 32?! I have no idea if i'm being dumb here and missing something obvious?

cafedandy

Reaction score
I'm so confused by the women's sizing on the U trousers. The boyfriend jeans are available in sizes 22 - 34 inches, but the actual size chart (the one you can click on) suggests the waist width is actually 4 inches larger that listed (so the 28 in actually a 32?). The satin wide leg trousers go between 24 and 30... but the clickable size chart starts at 32?! I have no idea if i'm being dumb here and missing something obvious?
Maybe this is due to vanity sizing or maybe due to the higher rise than mens sizes. I don't understand it as well, haha! For me 28-29 fit me ok (I'm a 31 in mens). Just have to fit them in person to be sure.

crxcr

Reaction score
Maybe this is due to vanity sizing or maybe due to the higher rise than mens sizes. I don't understand it as well, haha! For me 28-29 fit me ok (I'm a 31 in mens). Just have to fit them in person to be sure.
How high rise it?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Guys, prepare for a photo dump, here are some +J pieces I saw at the Uniqlo Japanese website. Initial look impression for me is Jil Sander's classic style with updated silhouettes. Apart from a lot of pieces with high wool/cashmere composition, there's also leather belts and accessories. Definitely getting a suit, shirts and belt. The down pieces are quite a standout as well. I'm excited.

Attachments

cafedandy

Reaction score
Part 2

Attachments

cafedandy

Reaction score
+J Fall Winter 2020

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.33.14 AM.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020