• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
@cafedandy Did your Brushed Cotton Half Sleeve T-Shirt shrink in the wash? I just got mine today, i sized up and it's massive. Contemplating whether to return or just wait if it shrinks in the wash.

I just wash cold so it didn’t shrink. If you’re iffy about the size and still eligible for return, just exchanging it would be ok :)

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Nice, many thanks of the experiences shared.

Man those chestpockets on those shirt hang LOW, between waist and the nipple.

That puffy and short corduroyjacket looks a bit sad, especially sleeve-ends.

That OCBD collar truly is so god damn ivy-approved I wonder why did they do it. Ivy-level BD seems to be strangely difficult task to handle even for many tailor shops...

mockneck looks really good there. Also the knit with the collar.

Those granddad-shirt really look cool, but then I see them as underwearshirt from 100-150 -years ago with the buttoning up. Or even some sort of pirate-era. When shirts had buttons half way down only. Collared shirt atleast has that romantic looking collar, you know, to show the ladies. I have this love-hate relationship with buttons: they seem kind of old world, why bother with them anymore, That mockneck is more present day urban life, is it not? Do I have anything here? What is the opinion the masses?

Question to all: how do you wash those corduroy-clothes? I have the memory of the garment losing its shade and the whales going all flat and sad, and nasty wrinkles appearing which every way and direction ruining the visual appearence of corduroy. Ironing corduroy is a bit meh.

What is your system?

About knits: I live in cold and dark nordic country where we shall be quite aware of the attributes of the garment and most often anything less than wool doesn’t cut it. Acrylics no, polyester perhaps at the very most but rather not. How is the quality of those UU-knits? Do they hold on in time, are they wearing hot and sweaty? Perhaps Uniqlo has acchieved new kind of revelation with those blends... or not?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Nice, many thanks of the experiences shared.

Man those chestpockets on those shirt hang LOW, between waist and the nipple.

That puffy and short corduroyjacket looks a bit sad, especially sleeve-ends.

That OCBD collar truly is so god damn ivy-approved I wonder why did they do it. Ivy-level BD seems to be strangely difficult task to handle even for many tailor shops...

mockneck looks really good there. Also the knit with the collar.

Those granddad-shirt really look cool, but then I see them as underwearshirt from 100-150 -years ago with the buttoning up. Or even some sort of pirate-era. When shirts had buttons half way down only. Collared shirt atleast has that romantic looking collar, you know, to show the ladies. I have this love-hate relationship with buttons: they seem kind of old world, why bother with them anymore, That mockneck is more present day urban life, is it not? Do I have anything here? What is the opinion the masses?

Question to all: how do you wash those corduroy-clothes? I have the memory of the garment losing its shade and the whales going all flat and sad, and nasty wrinkles appearing which every way and direction ruining the visual appearence of corduroy. Ironing corduroy is a bit meh.

What is your system?

About knits: I live in cold and dark nordic country where we shall be quite aware of the attributes of the garment and most often anything less than wool doesn’t cut it. Acrylics no, polyester perhaps at the very most but rather not. How is the quality of those UU-knits? Do they hold on in time, are they wearing hot and sweaty? Perhaps Uniqlo has acchieved new kind of revelation with those blends... or not?
I actually like the low pockets, it's Lemaire's signature detail ever since. With buttons, true, they're kinda old-worldly, although I remember Lemaire's interview before that he finds having those buttons a bit sensual and romantic when undressing (he and Sarah were referring to their mainline dresses here)

Grandad collar shirts can have the underwear vibe, although it's nice what they did here to make it higher collar, so more officer/mandarin collar vibe.

Corduroy I have not much experience but it's best to wash them gently by hand so it doesn't rub with other clothes. Or at least use a laundry net on gentle cycle with no heat.

As for UU knits in my experience, only the 70% blend to 100% wools are good. Like the 100% lambswools from 16FW, 18FW, for me are still holding up well. Anything with acrylic's the worst for me, pilling all over and having that plasticky shine - 10-20% is alright, anything more than that is ****. 17FW has good knit pieces but I never got any as they pilled so horribly with the high synthetic mixes. Nylon and polyester I am alright with as long as it isn't too much.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the measurements are accurate for the flannel shirt? It's showing a body width of 25" for a medium?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the measurements are accurate for the flannel shirt? It's showing a body width of 25" for a medium?
If this is for the U Flannel shirt, yes it's pretty wide. I find that you can actually size down one with how wide it fits, but wearing it TTS is nice as it is.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is for the U Flannel shirt, yes it's pretty wide. I find that you can actually size down one with how wide it fits, but wearing it TTS is nice as it is.
Sorry yes I meant the UU one

1601082140218.png

Is this TTS you're wearing here? That seems to be on the slimmer side. I like the oversized look personally, so this would be to small for me, but as I mentioned the measurement seem huge. A 25" body width as normally an XL/XXL, but they saying that for a medium.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Sorry yes I meant the UU one

View attachment 1465568

Is this TTS you're wearing here? That seems to be on the slimmer side. I like the oversized look personally, so this would be to small for me, but as I mentioned the measurement seem huge. A 25" body width as normally an XL/XXL, but they saying that for a medium.
Yes, it's TTS, it looks slim in the photo but it's a bit wide actually (really dropped shoulders too). I did try on a size down and it fit me with a bit of allowance, but more on the regular fit side.

grayfox

Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up and the photos @cafedandy

I've come to the conclusion that nothing from this season really speaks to me (until it's on sale) other than the W work shirt you took a pic in, and unfortunately that looks as though the sleeves would be too short for me

cafedandy

Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up and the photos @cafedandy

I've come to the conclusion that nothing from this season really speaks to me (until it's on sale) other than the W work shirt you took a pic in, and unfortunately that looks as though the sleeves would be too short for me
True, I think a lot can wait on sale unless there is something that you really really like. That W work short has just exact sleeve length for me when I took the same size in mens (I'm usually M, so I got an M as well - it may vary if you are tall!). It's really oversized and wide, but there's a charm to it. The denim version's also pretty nice, has a firmer fabric than last season and a slightly higher collar. I usually roll it anyway so you may have that option.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the elastic hem on the fw U sweatpants tight enough that you can hike it up to the calf and it'll stay? It doesn't look like it. Also is it fleece? The description doesn't say. Thanks

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the elastic hem on the fw U sweatpants tight enough that you can hike it up to the calf and it'll stay? It doesn't look like it. Also is it fleece? The description doesn't say. Thanks
No idea about the cuff, but I thought I saw a picture where it shows the material is terry cloth.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea about the cuff, but I thought I saw a picture where it shows the material is terry cloth.

Yea I'm not sure, the reviews for the women's mentioned fleece but not sure if they used the an old product page.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Yea I'm not sure, the reviews for the women's mentioned fleece but not sure if they used the an old product page.
Tried them both, the mens have fleece lining, while the womens use terry cloth. Elastic might not be as tight in mens but womens might be since it’s a bit trim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics