• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Has anyone sized down on the U Fleece Shirt Jacket?I went back about twenty pages in this thread cause I remember there being talk about this jacket, but only saw mentions of how it fit TTS.

I have one that I bought TTS and fits oversized like in the product shots. I like it, but I'm considering buying another color in a size down, for when I want to wear slimmer pants/shirt with it. Since they're cut to fit oversized, will it just look weird? I can't get over to a uniqlo store anytime soon, otherwise I'd just try one on.

I got my normal size and a size down to test them out and kept the former. So glad i did as it's really versatile oversized and just looks / feels super comfy. I found the size down a little awkward in fit (especially when buttoned) and ended up unsure when i would wear it (and what i would wear it with). IMO, i think the material and cut suits TTS best.

Saying that, there's so harm in trying if you think you see it working for you.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Randomly walked past Uniqlo yesterday and decided to pop in. Their merino polos looked pretty nice, and the price was very good. Anybody want to share theirs views on Uniqlos merino sweaters?

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to get a turtleneck but I’m not sure whether I should go for lambswool or merino. Any opinions?

tennessee

Reaction score
Randomly walked past Uniqlo yesterday and decided to pop in. Their merino polos looked pretty nice, and the price was very good. Anybody want to share theirs views on Uniqlos merino sweaters?
I’m a fan. Nice fit, nice fabric, better value than anything on the market at that price point.

conanboy

Reaction score
In love with the JW anderson knit sweater, nice and cozy!

uniqlo jw.png

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Looks good. The JW Anderson stuff this year is really great, maybe better than the EG collaboration.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Looks good. The JW Anderson stuff this year is really great, maybe better than the EG collaboration.

Although a lot of it is unremarkable, it is generally much better, but that's also because the EG collab is laughably weak and doesn't really reflect that well on either party. It does help a bit if you stop thinking about it as EG... There is still lots of it hanging around the Tokyo stores (and most of the stuff in the west seems to have been bought by people trying to flip it for stupid prices on ebay and Grailed to those who don't know any better), whereas the good pieces in the JW Anderson collab are all selling out here for genuine reasons.

Anyway, I know posts in this thread that are anything less than hyper-enthusiastic about Uniqlo will be greated with an icy silence, so I will get my (Lemaire collab) coat...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the look of that JW Anderson sweater but hesitated because of the acrylic content. Does it feel super synthetic/stuffy?

I didn't think so when I tried it on in-store - it's a substantial, wool-feeling sweater. I didn't even realize it had acrylic. Although I'm also less bothered by the use of synthetics than some here.

conanboy

Reaction score
I love the look of that JW Anderson sweater but hesitated because of the acrylic content. Does it feel super synthetic/stuffy?
Honestly it feels about the same as my coarse 100% wool sweater from scotch&soda. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Definitely give it a try in-store!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It has a certain scratchiness to it - you'd never mistake it for the finest quality wool, and it doesn't have that slightly uncanny smooth feel that certain synthetics (particularly those used in 'fleeces') do. To me, those sweaters are definitely among the best pieces in this collab. I'm still debating whether to get a mustard one...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I avoid synthetics almost always. They stink, trap heat, are not sustainable, the reasons go on and on.

I always laugh when I see beanies over 20 bux that are 100% acrylic as a side note. Uniqlo lambswool actually feels much better than it used to in years past.

grayfox

Reaction score
Hi, I want to get a turtleneck but I’m not sure whether I should go for lambswool or merino. Any opinions?
LOVE my lambswool turtleneck. Bought it in black and have been getting a lot of wear out of it. Looking at the biege next. But I'm also looking to buy one of those cotton turtleneck shirts to wear as a baselayer as well

I have the merino crewneck, it's okay. I'd wait for it to go on a limited-time offer. It's a really thin piece, and sometimes feels as if I could tear a hole in it just by putting it on or taking it off

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heads up the JW anderson sweater sheds like crazy, had the yellow one, returned it. waiting for the white might keep that one if it's better

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fit on the JWA pullover flannel shirts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads