Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

Wore the grey 9.90 demim today for a few hours and already noticing substantial wear in the crotch area. That is not looking good for long term use. Haven't had a bad case of hungry crotch in over 3 years and I was heavier back then.

The dark olive seems to be made of the same material. IDK about the Black/Blue tho. Didn't pick those up. Anyway this is what you get for 10$ :slayer:

2. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

What do they have in the way of budget winter jackets this season? I really wanted the mountain parka in tan but apparently those are out of stock, do they have anything similar in the winter collection? I wish the website actually had what they sell, it was much better before they changed formats

3. EMY

EMY Senior member

Absolutely agree. I wore the blue ones for maybe 5 hours and it seems like I have been wearing them for months.

4. plei89

plei89 Senior member

The $9.90 denim was absolute garbage; extremely thin. But for $9.90, you get what you pay for!

Anyway; if anyone looking for proxies that's consistently reliable, let me know.

Some members I've served (I should update this list, as the list grew, just lazy right now):

• Skitlets - Hey dude, Got the package a day or two ago. Can't leave feedback, requires a classifieds link!
      Severisth
      Kilgore
      Bdeuce22 - got them today. awesome. look pretty decent for cheap socks.
      Norcal_indy - We received everything today - thanks for the quick turnaround. My wife and I are definitely happy with the purchases and will likely turn to Uniqlo (and you) the next time we're in need of basics.
      blhblah1
      Atwigman - Got the package in the mail today. Thanks for the proxy, I'll definitely recommend to others.
      TML
      Superfee
      Orlics
      Cungfoo - Got it. Thanks for everything. Look forward to doing business with you again
      Thinc
      GBear
      Ezlau
      Albern
      Burks 730
      DC_JD
      CustomJ
      Sportin_life
      Freakazoid!
      ImaPro
      Rottencanadian
      Jsoftz
      WhateverYouLike
      Mega
      David123
      TurboBruce
      Stever
      About11oclock
      PaulYAY
      Chauie - This was my first time ever using a proxy and you made it a quick and painless experience. I'll for sure hit you up if I ever want something from Uniqlo again.

5. reezy

reezy Senior member

Will you be able to get the parka?
    [​IMG]
    PM me if you can.

ADD: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/069593
    This +J Wool Duffle Coat would also be awesome if anyone can proxy.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

If anyone is looking for the Tasmanian Wool pants in size.31 in Dark Gray and/or Navy, I have 2 pairs for sale.

Will sell at cost + shipping. I had them proxied and realized I probably do not need them. So save yourself the proxy fee and kop if were/are looking for a pair (or 2)

7. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Got a pair of the +J Wool Flannel trousers, thought they'd match my +J wool flannel blazer, but they don't :confused:

I do like they fit though so I guess I'll keep them.

8. savsg

savsg Member

We had the same promotion here in the UK when the Westfield Stratford store opened last month - £9.90 denim. Guys, it's a false economy to buy crap like that. The fabric is absolute garbage at that price - I could've got it much cheaper with employee discount but still decided not to. I'd rather use that £10 on something better rather than garbage that I'll have to throw out after a couple days.

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Video I made of the Uniqlo 5th Ave opening day line. Didn't even bother after seeing how long it was, lol. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Will send to Japanese and Korean people I know so they can laugh.

11. gomango

gomango Member

anyone know if they'll ever come out with other Oxford shirt colors? Missing those greens and yellows from 2010.

12. IDH

IDH Senior member

I've only recently discovered uniqlo and it looks like it has some fantastic items. I'm looking to pick up a few things from the UK website but first I have a few questions...

I am 5ft9/10 and weigh around 127/130lb's. Will the XS fit be suitable? I am around a 32" chest and I'm hoping to pick up a few winter coats and sweaters.

Also can anyone help describe the differences between +J and the cheaper alternatives? +J is quite a considerable price increase and I'm trying to see if it's worth it.

Thank you.

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Click on size chart for each item you want. They give you measurements on the Uniqlo UK site.

+J uses better material and the construction is better. How much better or being worth it is objective. Some regular line items look and feel cheap while others do not.

14. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

If you can't find the item you really want in the US, I may be able to find it here in Korea. For example, I know that Mountain Parkas can still be found in-store here. Plus, there's a couple big store openings coming up, like the Gangnam "mega store" on 10.21 (this Friday, which I will not be at when doors open because of a midterm) and the Seoul flagship on 11.11.
    http://www.fastretailing.com/eng/group/news/1110111700.html

Let me know if there's something to keep my eye out for or order for you off the Korean website (once I figure out how to myself).

15. tropics

tropics Senior member

picked up 4 * cashmere v necks... they smell OK to me... :)