The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

Just came from the grand opening. 9.90 jeans come in Black, Grey, Olive and Dark Blue. Denim is crazy thin and cheap. Still picked up a few pairs. But they're going like crazy.

The J+ section is pretty untouched a lot of stuff still available. don't see that changing anytime soon.

Employees are super-nice there's camera crews everywhere interviewing people. Cops outsize mad about the crazy line. :slayer:

2. boo

boo Senior member

I was really surprised at the length of the line. I overheard someone mentioning they waited almost 1.5 hours to get in. FWIW, one of the employees was pretty confident that they wouldn't run out of the 9.90 jeans that soon since they still had a lot in back. I was going to pick up one of the packable down parkas, but they had a cheap plasticky look about them.

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

yeah I think the +J is going to make it till winter sale. Planning on picking up a lot during that time.

still want to try the denim, just want fuck around with an olive pair for some fits.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

+J cardigans and cashmere sweaters :slayer:

5. anonymouz

anonymouz Senior member

Dropped by today...

The lines were long...extended entire block from 5th ave to 6th ave. But the store wasn't all that crazy packed.
    Making you wait that long is probably a good strategy...once you get in you don't want to leave empty handed or you've waited for nothing :satisfied:
    Free tote bags to first 30,000 (i think) customers

The $9.90 denim isn't all that - I passed. Still a great deal if you need denim.
    On the other hand, the MIJ selvedge looks pretty good.
    Cashmere v-necks are $59.90. I ended up getting the purple one (interesting color since it has specks of other colors as well)

Heavy gauge shawl cardigan - feels pretty light. I got a brown one.
    There's also a heavy gauge ribbed cardigan.

For the person who was asking about the Mountain Parka - they're not stocking them anymore. I guess it was previous season's stuff. Only Soho has it - and only in red.

Huge store, tons of stock for everything, lots of LED/LCD panels. They have staff on the ground level announcing stuff on mic too.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

OHH, did you try on the heavy gauge ribbed cardigan that I was hesitant to pick up? haha

You picked up the cashmere color I wanted lol. Any of the other colors good? Was considering navy, black, white

Thanks for sharing, and PMed you !

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks anonymouz, I had asked about the mountain parka. Guess it was from the spring/summer line.

8. mejoshua

mejoshua Senior member

Has sizing for +J suiting gotten bigger since the first '09 season? My XS +J jacket from '09 measures around 18.5 inches pit-to-pit while the body width for this season's XS +J suit jackets are listed as 19.7 inches.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yes word is that +J is bigger, a lot of people XS/S complaining

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ok, so my friend has a M and he's a usual medium and says it fits pretty spot on, i mean they fit pretty good and its very very warm.

11. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Mind if I get get approx height and weight? And you are referring to the +J premium down parka correct?

12. anonymouz

anonymouz Senior member

Update to that: the denim sale is only at 5th ave and 34th st. Looks like all the other sales (cashmere, heat tech, down coat) will be at all 3 stores.

13. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ya its the +J premium down park, the one with the wool outer. he's about 5'10 165 lbs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

14. EMY

EMY Senior member

Heads up to anyone wanting to get the $10 jeans or the cashmere sweater. Although the jeans have a regular cut, it's not the same as the non $10 regular cut. The cashmere sweaters have a chemical smell (at least the blue one I got does).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

15. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Jeans could still be had for $10 at 53rd and 5th on Saturday night. Doesn't look like they'll run out anytime soon.... at least in blue.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011