1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

Quite a fan of those pants as well, glad they re-released it from FW17. Been using mine quite often and the thick cavalry twill holds up well so far. And the field jacket's good! But the FW16 version (might be called the work jacket) for me is still the best with the angular pockets and thick cotton.

2. Ebitdaddy

Ebitdaddy Well-Known Member

Kind of annoying...I got a billing error when trying to checkout because I used a Canadian card with a Canadian billing address but tried shipping to my apt in the US. I get that as it's standard antifraud in ecommerce but they still charged me which is unusual. Ugh .

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

I believe it's a temporary charge. It will fall off in a few days. Check your online orders, if it doesn't show up there then you was not charged.

4. NYLON

NYLON Senior Member

Has anyone tried on the AW Airism capsule?
    If they are not flimsy or too thin (ala usual Airism) I might consider wearing it as a standalone and not underneath anything.

5. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior Member

I've tried them, they're 70% cotton and thick enough as standalone pieces. Sizing is wonky though, I'd size up on the tanks and down on the crewnecks

6. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I received the boxers today, they feel good but I should've went with a bigger size. Does anyone know if the airism underwear stretches or not? My first pairs

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

Easily stretches out. The waistband...not so much.

8. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

i resent that statement.... but yes they are asian sized.

9. NYLON

NYLON Senior Member

Wait sized down on the crew necks?

10. SCH00

SCH00 Well-Known Member

Uniqlo finally decided to run a printed camp collar shirt and they chose these patterns... :brick:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

^
    Is that the Tony Montana collection?

12. NYLON

NYLON Senior Member

Those wavey prints are from the Hokusai Collection (seen on 2 seasons so far via their UT2019 series.)

If you are into the whole art history behind it i urge those to check out instore for the quality of these Tees are probably 1 step up from the fabric they used normally on their UT drops.

Now i'm sure there are a bunch of super mark down on the SS19 U range and i tried the linen SS button down in my usual size...damn this was really over sized! I tried the M (S in the US/UK/EU) and the sleeves are touching my elbows nearly!

Anyone managed to get these to work as i'm really curious to see.

upload_2019-5-5_18-20-12.png

13. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I have one of those linen shirts. I've rolled the sleeves when I wore it, but I don't mind the longer sleeve look in the right context.

14. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

15. NYLON

NYLON Senior Member

did you happen to have a FOTD that i can reference? I trust you went usual size. Would appreicate it.